Thursday, July 4, 2013

Smokey Eyes using the new MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow in Smokeluxe

Hi glam girlies!!




Here's another long overdue post!! I tried filming a video but it turned out really horrible haha. I'm going to try it again and put a little more effort into the setup. I didn't know how hard this could be! I went shopping for some Chanel makeup today and I got the prettiest pink lipstick. It's a Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in 68 Candeur. It's a light pink lipstick, totally my thing, and I think I like it even more than the first ever Chanel lipstick I bought, which is also a Rouge Coco Shine lipstick. I also bought another lipgloss, it's 73 Bonbon and I also bought a blush, 64 Pink Explosion, which is a nice bright pink color. Since it's a baked blush, the color goes on really nice and soft and is buildable. I thought it just gave me the nicest glow on my cheeks. I will do a look this week using the new Chanel stuff I got. I don't normally splurge on Chanel. I really wanted to buy a blush, since I didn't actually own a Chanel blush and my one lipstick and one lipgloss were lonely and needed a friend or two. I'm actually going to be doing a post on the makeup that I wore today out shopping. It turns out I really like it lol. I did it in about 10 minutes, so it'll be a post on fast, easy, summery light makeup but it won't look like it was easy :P I'll be using my new Chanel blush and lipstick in that look.


Smokey Eyes using the new MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow in Smokeluxe




So on to the look! As I mentioned before, I had such a hard time choosing between Smokeluxe and Greenluxe. I thought both were such amazing colors. Greenluxe isn't really green, well it's not what I would initially think when the word "green" comes to mind. There's a color that is similar to MAC's Club eyeshadow, which I love by the way, and there was also a nice sparkly dark green color. The lightest color, which is the color at the top, resembles all the other palettes' first color. The eyeshadows have a creamy texture and go on really nice. I thought the colors were really vibrant. I heard if you want an even deeper color, to apply it wet, but I never apply anything wet because you can get bacteria in your eyeshadow and I just don't do that. I like to be able to keep my stuff for a long long time.

For the colors, I'm basically going to call each shade by number, 1,2,3,4,5 so you don't get confused. Number 1 would be the color at the top and 5 at the bottom. This is how I'm going to explain how I did the look.




I also used Fake Lashes for this look because I really wanted the eyes to pop out. So if the lashes are a bit crooked or whatever, it's only my 3rd or so time putting on falsies so obviously it isn't perfect yet. I didn't even know we had Ardell here, I found that at Pharmaprix (known as Shopper's Drug Mart in the rest of Canada).

I also borrowed my mom's new MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Divine Choice, which is the one that I had tried on at the MAC store and told you guys about a few days ago. Turns out she loves it so I can borrow this from her. It's very very pink though. If you want the eyes to stand out more, I'd suggest wearing a nude or light pink lipstick or lipgloss, my favorite being the Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal. It's my favorite lipgloss and I wear it all the time. Looking at the photos, the lipstick looks a lot pinker than I thought it was.



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow

  • Shade 1: apply under brow bone and down towards the inner eye, this is the last step
  • Shade 2: apply in the corners of the inner eye after applying Shade 4, also apply on the inner bottom lid
  • Shade 3: apply in the middle of the lid and middle of the bottom lid too
  • Shade 4: apply on the inner and outer corners of the lid, and apply on the outer corner of the bottom lid
  • Shade 5: contour your eye by drawing in the hollow of the eye and blending outward and blend into the bottom lid

MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner in Engraved: line the waterlines
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash in Black (upper and lower lashes)
Ardell False Lashes in 109
Duo Glue

Brows

Benefit Brow Zings in Light
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer





Lips:

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Divine Choice







Products Used:


MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow in Smokeluxe

MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow in Smokeluxe - 48$CAD

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash - mini shown, fullsize is 19$CAD

Duo Glue (I don't remember how much it cost, it wasn't much)

Ardell Fashion Lashes in 109 - 6$CAD

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil - 25$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy - 25$CAD

Too Faced Pink Leopard

Too Faced Pink Leopard - 38$CAD

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Divine Choice - 26$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow in Smokeluxe: all 5 shadows (first one is hard to see)
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Pink Leopard
MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Divine Choice







Thanks for reading and again, sorry about the random hiatus. I guess I just needed a break. Obviously I won't be able to post at the rate I'm posting at when school starts so enjoy this while you can! Hah! Anywayz, please tell me if you liked the new MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadows and which set out of the 6 was your favorite? I still really want to try Greenluxe. The texture of this was a bit different than what I'm used to but I thought it applied well and it stayed on except for my inner eye corners. I don't know why but I was tearing up so the sparkly shadow kept coming off and I kept having to reapply. But other than that, it was great. I want to try another look with this palette. For the first look, I really wanted to play around with all the colors and do one mega look. I also want to know what you guys think of Ardell lashes. And you can comment on anything having to do with this look. The lipstick: is it too dark for me? Probably. My justification is that I wanted to try something new. Hah.

The next post I'm doing is 10 Minute Makeup. Quite literally. I did it super fast and it ended up being a nice look and I thought it would be a good idea to do a quick and easy summer look but still look great. I tried on a blush and lipstick at Chanel that I really like so that's part of the look. It's really soft and really simple. So that'll be the next post. I will eventually finish the 7 Days of Sephora + Pantone Universe and all the other stuff I said I would eventually do. It's a-comin'!

Steph xo.






No comments:

Post a Comment