Thursday, August 15, 2013

NARS Eye Look using new Fairy's Kiss Palette

Hey there glamour girlies!!

Today's makeup look is a good one. I got my first ever NARS eyeshadow palette, called Fairy's Kiss, and I was so excited to try it. I finally tried it today and I just had to include each and every color in my look. I wanted to try them all out!! I really like this palette. It's so versatile, you can easily do day makeup with it and you can also do evening makeup. They have a good shade range so it's easy to switch from day to night, which I really like about it. Plus all the colors are great, when I first looked at this palette I didn't dislike any shade. Usually when I look at palettes, I always have one or two shades that I don't like. So when I like all the shades in a palette, I know I should be buying it. This palette is great for people that are light to medium skin toned. If you are medium to dark, I would suggest the other palette that they have launched at the same time as this one, Ride Up To The Moon. That one has browns and a green, among others. Fairy's Kiss is also great for cool-toned women because it has a lot of purples. I'm cool-toned and I thought the palette looked great on me. I really liked it and it's something that I would recommend to you to buy.




I also went shopping today and bought a ton of stuff. You'll be seeing a lot of new products soon! I picked up Too Faced's new Better Than Sex mascara (I haven't tried it yet!) and a Lip Injection Color Bomb in Candy Burst. I found that one was the only good color for me. I checked the ratings and after trying it on, I understand why it got only 3 out of 5 stars on sephora's site. I was hoping the tingling wouldn't be as intense as their regular lip injection but woah it's still pretty crazy. It only lasts for not even 5 mins plus you get huge lips. I thought the color is great and I'm using that in today's tutorial! I would recommend it if your lips aren't sensitive to the tingly feeling. If you're not sure, I recommend trying it at the store prior to buying it. I also picked up an Urban Decay lipstick and lip liner from their new launch. You'll be seeing it soon! I also got another blush from Illamasqua, 6 shadows from MAC, finally a contour brush!!! from MAC and I grabbed some samples of pigments from MAC as well. I've never used pigments before so that'll be interesting! I've got a ton of stuff to try out and review for you  :)




I also have a post on my French Manicure coming up so don't miss that because I'm also giving tips on how to do the best manicure you can on yourself. Ever wonder how they get that white line so perfect?


NARS Eye Look using new Fairy's Kiss Palette




Start by priming your eyes with NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base. Next take out your NARS Fairy's Kiss Palette. To make it easy, I will refer to the first row as "1,2,3" from left to right and the bottom row as "4,5,6" from left to right. Take a small or medium shadow brush (Sephora PRO Medium Shadow Brush) and apply "4" to your lid. Then take "3" and apply it to your crease using a blending brush (MAC 217 Brush) or even a pencil brush. You only want to put color onto the crease. Take another blending brush and apply "2" above the crease color to blend it out. Then take a small shadow brush and apply "1" as a highlight and apply it anywhere else where there is no color. Take an angled liner brush (Sephora PRO Angled Liner Brush) and apply "6" to the upper lashline in a cat eye fashion. Wing it up at the ends. Take a pencil brush or smokey eye brush (Sephora PRO Smokey Eye Brush) and apply "5" to the lower lash line. You want to smudge it out so it doesn't look like a perfect line. Take a black eyeliner like MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and apply it to both your upper and lower waterlines. Then apply mascara, like Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara. The last step is the brows. Fill them in with Benefit Brow Zings. The eyes are done, let's complete the rest of the look.




Start by priming your face with Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Next take a concealer brush (Sephora PRO Concealer Brush) and MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer and cover up your under-eye circles. Then take a stippling brush (Sephora PRO Stippling Brush) and MUFE HD Foundation and apply it to your entire face. If there is still any redness or acne showing, use MAC Studio Finish to cover it up. Next take MUFE HD Powder and kabuki brush (MUFE HD Kabuki Brush) to set the concealer and foundation. Now take a contour brush or squished powder brush (Sephora Collection Powder Brush) and apply Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless. Suck in your cheeks and use that as a guide to contour your cheeks. You also want to apply bronzer to your temples, and perimeter of the face. Next apply MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy. You can use a small stippling brush but I used my fingers to apply it. Apply it to the apples of the cheeks and blend outward and down into the contour. The last step is to apply Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb in Candy Burst. The look is now complete! Enjoy.





Eyes:

NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
NARS Fairy's Kiss Palette
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara

Brows:

Benefit Brow Zings in Light






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless





Lips:

Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb in Candy Burst

If you want a softer color for a day look, try:
NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet












Products Used:



NARS Fairy's Kiss Palette - 50$CAD



MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy - 25$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb in Candy Burst - 25$CAD

Swatches of NARS Fairy's Kiss Palette

















Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed today's look and mini review! I really liked the NARS eyeshadow palette. I thought it was just great. The colors were perfectly coordinated and you can easily take your look from day to night. I'm really happy I got this palette. I def recommend you guys to try it out. As for the color bomb lipgloss, I recommend it if your lips are not sensitive to the tingly feeling. While it's not as tingly as the regular lip injection, it still isn't a great feeling lol. I like the color I got though. I'm also a tad bit curious, what did you think of the NARS Fairy's Kiss palette? Love it or leave it? And also what did you think of the Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bombs? Love it or leave it and if you loved it, what is your favorite color?

I've got a French Manicure post coming up tomorrow  :)  It has some great tips on achieving the perfect line and other stuff.

I also bought a bunch of new stuff today like I mentioned above, Better Than Sex Mascara, the Urban Decay lipstick and lip liner, Illamasqua Blush, bunch of MAC goodies, Chanel lipgloss, buncha MAC pigments to try out for the first time ever. So be prepared for lots of reviews.

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment