Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Makeup Look using MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Plum Face Palette and Review

Hello glamour girls!!

As you may have noticed, I changed the layout to my blog, which I mentioned yesterday. I want to assure you that it is just a physical change, I'll still be writing about makeup. I wanted the "look" of my blog to better represent me so I worked hard on changing the style of it and making sure it was up to par. But I still want to know your opinion. Do you like this better or do you prefer the old layout? Thanks for your time.




So for today's look I finally tried out my MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Face Palette in Plum. Honestly, I loved everything about it except for the lipstick. I used the red lipstick, Syrup, for this look and it literally turned my whole look into a vampy sort of look. It went from daytime appropriate to night time lady. So I just want to say that if you changed the lipstick, this would make a wonderful day time look. The eyes are soft and totally work appropriate. It's just the lipstick. I wanted to use everything in this palette to you show you, so I kept the dark lipstick. I paired it with MAC Lip Pencil in Soar. This lip pencil is the perfect color to go along with the lipstick, they are really similar in color. Since I'm super pale, obviously it looks crazy on me. But on a medium-dark skin tone, this lipstick would be beautiful. The other lipstick color in this palette is Blankety, which is a nude color. That's the only thing I haven't tried yet in this palette.




The eyeshadows are spectacular. I liked all the colors in it and I really can't say I dislike any of them. Yogurt is a matte light pink and it the only permanent eyeshadow. It makes a good highlight. Plum Reduction is a satin but it isn't shimmery at all, more matte. It is a medium purple with some brown brown in it. It's a good blending color. Romance Me is a lustre and has the most shimmer. It is also a purpley brown, but it is browner than Plum Reduction. Heather Belles is a satin and it is a dark black. It's great for lining the eyes.

Mocha is a powder blush and it is available in the permanent collection. Mocha is a plum-pink color. Personally, I like the color of the blush. It reminds me of other cool pink blushes that I have and this is definitely a color that complements my skintone.




Read on to the end to see if I would recommend this palette or not.




Makeup Look using MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Plum Face Palette




Start by priming your eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Then apply MAC Yogurt from the MAC Illustrated palette with a medium or large shadow brush (Sephora PRO Large Shadow Brush) to the entire eye area, from lid to the brow. Then apply MAC Plum Reduction to the crease with a blending brush (MAC 217). Then go over it with MAC Romance Me and, using a pencil brush or a smokey eye brush (Sephora PRO Smokey Eye Brush) and draw in the line of your crease. Then blend out the color. Go back in with Plum Reduction and a blending brush and blend the two colors together. If you have to, reapply Yogurt under the brow and on the lid. Using an angled liner brush (Sephora PRO Angled Liner Brush) and MAC Heather Belles, line the top eyelid in a cat-eye fashion. You want to extend the cat-eye until slightly past the crease. Line the top waterline with MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved. For the bottom lid, line the outer portion of it with MAC Romance Me. Use a smokey eye brush to apply it so that it is smudged looking. Then apply a mascara like Benefit Bad Gal Lash. The last step is the eyebrows, fill them in with Benefit Instant Brow Pencil. The eyes are done, let's finish the rest of the look.




Start by priming your entire face with Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Conceal your under-eye circles with MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer and by using a concealer brush (Sephora PRO Concealer Brush). Then apply MUFE HD Foundation to your entire face using a stippling brush (Sephora PRO Stippling Brush) for an airbrushed looking finish. If there is any redness or blemishes still showing, apply MAC Studio Finish Concealer onto the blemishes using your fingers. Then set the concealer and foundation with MUFE HD Powder and a kabuki brush (MUFE HD Kabuki Brush) using patting motions. Now, contour your face using Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless and a contour or powder brush squished to make a line (Sephora Collection Powder Brush) and suck in your cheeks (make a duck face) and follow the line as a guide. Contour from the middle of the ear to the edge of the upper lip. Also contour the temples, chin, and perimeter of the face. Then apply MAC Mocha from the Illustrated Palette to you cheeks, blending outward, using an angled blush brush (Sephora PRO Angled Blush Brush). Now, it's time to do the lips. Line your lips with MAC Lip Pencil in Soar and lightly fill in the lips. Take a lip brush (Sephora Collection Lip Brush) and MAC Syrup from the Illustrated palette and apply it to your lips. The look is now complete!





Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Illustrated Plum Face Palette

  • Yogurt
  • Plum Reduction
  • Romance Me
  • Heather Belles
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara

Brows

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium







Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MAC Illustrated Powder Blush in Mocha
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless





Lips:

MAC Lip Pencil in Soar
MAC Illustrated Lipstick in Syrup









Products Used:


MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Plum Face Palette - 54$CAD

MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Plum Face Palette:
Powder Blush: Mocha
Eyeshadows: Yogurt, Plum Reduction, Romance Me, Heather Belles
Lipsticks: Blankety, Syrup
Dual Ended Brush: 275SE/316SE

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara - 12$CAD for mini, 26$CAD for fullsize

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium - 25$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

MAC Lip Pencil in Soar - 18$CAD

MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Face Palette in Plum
Swatches from left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Yogurt (barely visible)
MAC Eyeshadow in Plum Reduction
MAC Eyeshadow in Romance Me
MAC Eyeshadow in Heather Belles
MAC Powder Blush in Mocha
MAC Lipstick in Syrup
MAC Lipstick in Blankety

Swatches from left to right:
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
MAC Lip Pencil in Soar

















Thanks for reading and I hope you liked the tutorial and review! I personally really liked most of the palette. The only thing I would change is the lipsticks. I would include one lighter shade and one medium shade instead of the two medium shades. It would be more versatile and it would appeal to a bigger customer base. I thought the eyeshadows were great and that the colors really complemented each other quite well. You can go from a soft classic look like mine to a heavier darker look, like a smokey eye. The quality was also good. The blush was a lovely color and and complemented me nicely. I didn't use the brush that was included in the set, I used my own brushes. The palette itself is housed in a nice little compact with a mirror. It is travel size so you can bring it with you for touch ups. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong with this palette. I would recommend this to a friend.

What are your thoughts on this palette? Did you like the palette? Did this look inspire you to want to get the palette? If there was one thing you could change in the palette, what would it be and what would you replace it with? Did you like the look I did?

Thanks again for reading and I have a few more new product review and tutorial in ones, like NARS Fairy's Kiss, etc. I also have a french manicure post coming too.

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment