Friday, June 14, 2013

Too Faced Pretty Rebel Fall 2013 Collection Sneak Peak

Hey everyone!!

Today I heard that Too Faced has shown a couple things that they will be releasing as part of their Fall 2012 collection. This collection is called "Pretty Rebel". I've googled and searched everywhere, but they haven't shown much yet. Their Facebook Page shows you the most in terms of new products and there is also a behind the scenes video that doesn't really show you much at all, in my opinion. I was expecting to see the products but you only really see the photoshoot with their model, Francesca Eastwood. Who is this girl anyway? I honestly have no clue who she is, I've never seen her before. Enlighten me with your superior knowledge lol.

All the images are screenshots of Too Faced's facebook page.


Exhibit A: The Eyeshadow Palette



This palette contains 10 eyeshadows, it seems like they are the same size as their usual palettes. You know how their eye palettes contain 9 eyeshadows, 3 big and 6 small? This palette looks like it's in the small size. There aren't 3 "looks" like they usually do with their palettes. I'm sure they will include a Glamour Guide, they do this with all their eyeshadow palettes. A Glamour Guide is a booklet that shows you a few suggestions of how to wear the eyeshadows. It comes in quite handy. Now in terms of the colors, this is what I thought when I looked at the palette. The first "square" of 4 eyeshadows would be your neutral colors. You've got a light highlight color, a light pink looking color, a medium brown, and a dark brown. These 4 colors could easily pull off a day look. The next square of 4 colors is what I call the color square. You've got a golden yellow, magenta, blue and an olive green. You can accentuate a neutral look with a flash of color. For example, add the olive green to the 2 browns on its left. And lastly, the 2 colors left, which are white and black, are perfect to do a smokey eye look.

Would I buy this palette? Personally I feel as if I have a lot of colours that are similar to the shades in this palette and it's just not wowing me enough. I'll definitely swatch it when it comes out to see how I like the shades, but it's not something that screams out "buy me". It does look like a great palette to have if you like neutrals and colors and want to find ways to mix the two in a balanced look.

Exhibit B: Lip Injection Color Bomb



It looks like they have 6 shades as part of their new Lip Injection Color Bomb. It definitely looks like Too Faced has finally jumped on the lip pencil bandwagon. They call this product a moisture plumping lip tint. I just hope it doesn't sting like their Lip Injection Extreme. That literally felt like my lips were on fire for 10 minutes. I don't use it often because I can't bear it, plus it always gets in my mouth and puts my tongue on fire too. These pencils don't look like they'll end up on my tongue though so I might have to try them. The two pinks over on the left look like they could be a potential favorite shade for me. It looks like they've got plum, light pink, a yellow toned pink, bright red, nude and fuchsia. I think the darker colors would look great on a woman of color, but they are way too bright for me to pull off.

Would I buy this? I'm definitely going to try the two pink colors when this product comes out. If I like the way they look and feel, I see myself picking them up.


Exhibit C: Glitter Glaze



I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about when it comes to Eyeshadow Sticks. I personally have never tried it, because I like the precision in using a brush and eyeshadow. I feel like sticks just wouldn't get into the nooks and cranies of my eyes. And the fact that they only have it in silver and gold doesn't really help. If the silver is more of a sheer sparkly shade, I might like it. They also look like they would make a nice eyeliner. I would do a thick cat eye using either silver or gold, whichever floats your boat, and doing a thiner line using a black eyeliner, so you get that double line going on. It's very mod, but I like it.

Would I buy it? No. Eyeshadow sticks aren't my thing and they don't really offer many shades.



So I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if this is something you'd like to see more of. These kinds of posts I mean.

Steph xo.

P.S. If you haven't already, you can Like my Facebook Page and stay connected with all the latest updates.







No comments:

Post a Comment