Friday, August 9, 2013

Another MAC Haul (and NARS)

Hey my preciouses!!

It's time for another MAC Haul!! I went to MAC today with the intension of building my makeup kit, specifically to check out concealers and foundations so that I can start doing some serious freelance work. If you need to get your makeup done for an event and you live in the Montreal and surrounding area, please contact me! My email is on my Contact Page, or you can just leave me a comment here, or find me on my facebook page. Makeup has always been a passion of mine and I want to share my knowledge with others and make them feel beautiful about themselves by enhancing their natural attributes with makeup.

So I went to MAC and they didn't have the concealer palettes I wanted :(  I wanted to try the Light one first, on myself, to see if I liked it before I picked up all 4. I also have a good idea, based off Dusty O Hunter's MAC foundation palette. I'm thinking of buying a minimum of 6 and possible up to 12 different shades of MAC Full Coverage Foundation, which is a cream, and buying a MAC Pro Palette with a 12 well insert. Full Coverage is a cream foundation, so it's excellent for putting into a palette. I will also buy a White shade so I can mix the in-between shades that I do not buy. Now, I know something like this is ambitious and ridiculously expensive. Obviously I won't be able to buy all these in one day. But every month, I can buy one foundation and within a year or less I will have my foundation palette. To get the foundation in the well nicely, you'll have to scrape out the cream and put it in either a small metal pot, or a microwave safe dish, whichever method you like. With the foundation in the small pot, heat it over the stove. You don't want to "cook" or burn the foundation, you want it to be just melted. Then you will pour it into one well. For the microwave safe dish, put some foundation in it and then put it in the microwave. Make sure to constantly check on it so you do not burn it. When it has all been melted, pour it into one well. You now have your own custom made MAC foundation palette.

Honestly, maybe I should just buy the Bobbi Brown BBU Palette. If you haven't seen it in my most recent Shopping List post, it is a double palette with foundations on one side and concealer and correctors on the other. It's about 250$US. Which is a lot cheaper than making my own foundation palette with 12 foundations. We haven't even factored in the 100$ that it costs for the 4 MAC Concealer palettes!!

I'd love to know where you guys get your foundation and concealer palettes. I'd like to get something from a reputable brand. I like putting a lot of money into one good product instead of wasting more over time buying shitty products that don't work half as good.

So onto the actual Haul portion of this post....


Another MAC Haul (and NARS)

MAC Lipsticks

Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Royal Azalea



This is a lovely blue based pink. It is creamy, but not too creamy like some other Sheen Supreme Lipsticks. I love the color and the texture of this one.


Cremesheen Lipstick in Pink Pearl Pop




This is a nice yellow based pink lipstick. It looks almost as if there could be peach undertones as well. It's different than the usual round of pink lipsticks I have, which is why I chose this one. I had swatched it on my hand and I fell in love with it.


Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo




For a long while now I've been needing to buy that classic ultimate red lipstick. I think every girl should have a red lipstick in her stash. I prefer a matte lipstick because you have 2 options to wear it. You can wear it matte as it comes, or you can put a clear gloss on top to make it glossy. I really love the color of this lipstick. It's a blue-based red. If you're going to rock a red lipstick, you need a red liner, keep on reading to see which one I bought.


MAC Lip Pencils

Hip n Happy



I've been on the hunt for a while to find a light pink lip liner and I've finally found one! It's a great blue-based pink lip liner and it goes great with MAC lipsticks such as: Snob, Pink Nouveau, Mineralize Rich in Dreaminess, just to name a few. It's the only light pink lip liner that MAC carries. The rest are extremely darker shades compared to this.


Cherry




If you're going for a red lip, this is the perfect lip liner to pair it up with. It's a wonderful blue-based red but with a hint of pink, hence its name. This looks absolutely gorgeous with Ruby Woo lipstick. The pair will be featured in an upcoming tutorial and it is to die for.



MAC Illustrated Rebecca Moses Face Palette in Plum




Of all the current MAC Illustrated sets, this one called out to me the most. Though it's called plum, I see it more as a neutral palette. The brown one they had was just way too brown. The eyeshadows were brown, the blush was brown, and so were the lipsticks. With the plum palette, we see a little bit of variety. There are a few permanent colors in this, such as Yogurt eyeshadow. I'll talk about all the shades more in depth when I do a tutorial using this.





NARS

Fairy's Kiss Eyeshadow Palette



Every time NARS comes out with a palette, I want it. His palettes are absolutely gorgeous. This is my first NARS palette and I'm really excited to use it. I really liked this one for its practicality. You can either go with a very light, day-time look, or you can darken it up for a smokey night-time look. There is so much you can do with this palette and I loved the colors. A NARS palette hasn't screamed out to me quite as much as this one has, so I knew it was meant to be. There is one NARS palette that I've always wanted that I still want, even though it came out a few years ago. That's the Danmari blush palette. If you don't know what it is, google and tell me you don't love it. I can't wait to use my Fairy's Kiss palette and that too will be in an upcoming tutorial.








Thanks for reading and I hope you liked me sharing my MAC and NARS haul with you! I hope you enjoyed the post as well as my foundation palette ideas.

What kind of foundation palette (either bought or made) do you have in your makeup kit? 

What do you think of the lipstick colors I bought? What do you think of the lip pencils? Do you know of any brands that make lighter pink lip pencils?

And lastly, what do you think of the MAC Illustrated palette and the NARS Fairy's Kiss palette? Which MAC palette do you prefer out of the two and which NARS palette do you prefer out of the two, and why?

Again, hope you liked reading about the haul, and I will do makeup looks very soon using the products shown here and I will talk about the colors a bit more once I've had a chance to use them!

I'm not sure what my next post will be, it's either a purple sparkly smokey look or it's a fall look. Both are coming up anyway.

Steph xo.






No comments:

Post a Comment