Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fall Makeup Look using MAC

Hello dollies!

As if you haven't noticed, my love for MAC has come back in full swing. I've always been a fan but for a couple years I got really into Too Faced, Benefit, Stila, and NARS. I still love all those products, but MAC will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first makeup brand I ever had. My mom loved MAC when I was young and so I grew up loving it too. When I was old enough to finally have some makeup, you can guess it was MAC. My first eyeshadows were Shroom, and a very light shimmery pink color I no longer remember the name of. On that same day, I bought a Select Moisturesomething concealer. I also got my first lipglass, Cultured. I loved it at the time, but I can't say I have one in my kit now. I also got 2 brushes, one of them is still with me to this day and that is my trusted 217 brush. The other, the 266, was a great eyeliner brush but unfortunately it didn't last. My mom had brought me to MAC to get my very first makeover. I was 14. We were getting me all dolled up for school. I wish haha, it was more like subtly enhancing my features, since we weren't allowed to wear makeup (I don't understand why not, as long as it's done fairly neutral!).

So now when fall is coming around the corner, I'm thinking what everyone else is thinking. How to look good in the fall season and how to look good for school. Now that I've got you in the mood, today's look is going to be a Fall Makeup Look, which is a little bit more grown up. I will do another one that is more of a Teen Back to School Look. I know for me, school starts in a little over a week (a week already!).




When we think about fall, we think about browns and reds. We think about leaves changing colors. We think about it getting cold. Fall is my favorite time of the year. In today's look, I'm wearing brown eyeshadows that have a red undertone to them along with a good classic red lip. My face is contoured with a matte bronzer and a dusty pink with a blue undertone is on my cheeks. Dusty colors also remind me of fall, but the truth it, I couldn't find a more neutral/brown blush that I wanted to use in this tutorial. Despite that, I still love the look and it's perfect to me.

If you find that the red lipstick is a little too much for day wear, you can wear a nude lipstick instead, or even a pale pink lipgloss for a natural look.


Fall Makeup Look using MAC




Apply an eyeshadow primer like Too Faced Shadow Insurance. For a lighter eye, you can apply MAC Naked Lunch as a base to your entire eye area (up to your eyebrow to act as a highlight) or you can apply it later on, as I did, for a more intense eye look. Take a medium eyeshadow brush (Sephora PRO Medium Shadow Brush) and pat MAC Twinks onto the lid. Next, take a blending (MAC 217 Brush) or a crease brush and blend MAC Embark into the crease and outer V. Take a highlight color like MAC Naked Lunch and a clean blending brush (MAC 217 Brush) and blend it into the crease color to get rid of any harsh lines. Bring Naked Lunch down into the inner corner of the eye as well. Line the upper and lower lash lines with Urban Decay Demolition Eyeliner. I also filled in my bottom waterline with this. I also filled in my upper waterline with MAC Engraved to make my lashes look fuller. I finished off my lashes with MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash. I filled in my eyebrows with Benefit Instant Brow Pencil. The eyes are finished so let's do the rest of the face!




Prime your face with Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Apply a liquid concealer like MAC Select Cover-Up to your under eye area using a concealer brush (Sephora PRO Concealer Brush). Next, apply a foundation like MUFE HD Foundation to your face using a stippling brush (Sephora PRO Stippling Brush) for a flawless finish. If there are any blemishes or redness still showing, use a cream concealer like MAC Studio Finish and using your fingers, carefully cover up any imperfections. To set the foundation and concealer, use MUFE HD Powder and a kabuki brush (MUFE HD Kabuki Brush) to apply powder all over the face, focusing on areas that tend to have more oil. Next, contour your cheeks using a matte bronzer, like Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless and a contour brush to get that nice line. (I don't have a contour brush yet so I squish a powder brush to get that line, Sephora Collection Powder Brush). Now, apply a dusty pink blush like MAC Dame onto your cheeks using a blush brush (Sephora PRO Angled Blush Brush). Make sure you blend it outward and down into the contour. You can also use a more peach- or brown-toned blush if you want. The last step is the lips. Fill in your lip line using MAC Lip Liner in Cherry. Then put on MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo. I like to go back in and draw my lip line over again to make sure the lines are good. This is the finished look!




Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch
MAC Eyeshadow in Twinks
MAC Eyeshadow in Embark
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Demolition
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash in Black

Brows

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
MAC Powder Blush in Dame
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless





Lips:

MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo










Products Used:


MAC Eyeshadows (14.50$CAD for palette refill) in:
Naked Lunch
Twinks
Embark

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition - mini shown, fullsize is 23$CAD

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash in Black - sample shown, fullsize is 19$CAD

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium - 25$CAD

MAC Powder Blush in Dame

MAC Powder Blush in Dame - 25$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry - 18$CAD

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo - 18$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch
MAC Eyeshadow in Twinks
MAC Eyeshadow in Embark
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Powder Blush in Dame
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo













Thanks for reading and I hope you all liked my Fall Look. I can't believe it's right around the corner and that it's that time of the year again. I'm in that last minute hustle and bustle of getting all the things that should have been done a while ago, done now. I hope this look inspires you to come up with your own ready for fall look. Whether it's with a bold red lip or red-toned brown eyeshadows, I find that there's always something to be liked for everyone. Fall is my favorite time of the year and it's also my favorite makeup season of the year as well. I love the dark colors. So it's no surprise that I spend a lot of money on fall collections.

This is the first time in my near 100 posts that I've rocked a red lipstick. I want to know your thoughts on my bold red lip. Love it or leave it? And which MAC lipstick is your favorite red lipstick? They have so many, Ruby Woo, Red, Russian Red, etc. Which one do you love?

I want to see your fall-inspired looks so feel free to post pics or links. What is your most coveted makeup product from the Fall Collections that are starting to come out in stores?

And speaking of my 100th post... which is creeping up pretty quickly actually. I'm not sure if I should do some sort of giveaway for my loyal readers, or what. Or do some sort of exotic makeup look. Any thoughts on what I should do for my 100th post?

Steph xo.



2 comments:

  1. Love your lipstick! Your really pretty :)

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine,

      thanks for the lovely comment. I haven't worn red lipstick in over a year so it's quite a look to get used to.
      I checked out your blog and I've always wanted to check out Sleek makeup because I always hear so much about it from people in the UK, but unfortunately, we don't get that here in Canada. Maybe one day!

      Steph xo.

      Delete