Saturday, April 27, 2013

Shopping List #1

Hello my beautiful readers!!

This post is about the products that are currently on my "shopping list", waiting to be bought. On Sephora's website, I always add products that catch my eye into the shopping list until I'm able to buy them. I don't always buy everything listed there, and some of the more expensive items are dream items, things I probably won't ever buy, but I would still love to have.

The following Shopping List isn't in any particular order.

1. Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette

62$CAD

This product is exclusive to Sephora, and it celebrates their 15 years together. I probably won't buy this, as I own similar colors of the eyeshadows, but I would love to have the blush and bronzers!!! The eyeshadows come in a range of fun colors, but also have a white shadow that can be used as a base and highlight. I would like this palette to do more fun fashion type of looks.

2. Too Faced Sweetheart Beads Radiant Glow Face Powder

40$CAD

This product is just so cute, it must be on everyone's wishlist!!! At first I thought it could be used as a bronzer, but after swatching it at my local Sephora, it really is a face powder. It gives a light glowing finish. The bronze beads are not overpowering at all. There is only one layer of beads tho, not as much as they show in this picture. But when you think about it, it comes out to the same amount you would get from a pressed powder.

3. Too Faced Workdays to Weekends Perfect Eyes Set
78$CAD

As I mentioned in a previous post, I want to get my hands on the Naked Eyes palette before they discontinue it forever. And what better chance than this, a 45$ palette and for about 30$ more, you get brushes worth 45$, a 3-way eyeliner worth around 23$ (I think) and a mini shadow insurance eye primer and mini lash injection mascara. The only thing from this set that I already own is the shadow insurance, so for me it's totally worth it to get this set!!! I really like the eyeshadow colors in the palette and I'd love to try it out. My local sephora has stopped selling the Naked Eyes palette in favor of the Boudoir Eyes palette. So an online-only purchase is the only option left.

4. Benefit Gettin Cheeky
20$CAD

For only 20$ you get minis of their popular cheek tints. I own a fullsize high beam (as well as a few deluxe sizes) and a mini posietint. I quite liked the color of posietint, but when they say stain, they mean stain!! The finger I used to apply it was pink for most of the day! lol! I also found that it didn't show at all on my lips. Oh well. I've always wanted to try the rest of the colors that they have, so here's a cheap way to try out 2 new cheek tints! Cha cha tint is more of an orangey coraly color and sunbeam looks like a golden colored luminizer. I'm just waiting for my local Sephora to get these in stock so I can pick up a box.

5. Sephora Collection Deluxe Standing Easel Brush Set

330$CAD

I know what you're thinking. That's a ton of money. I'm not actually going to buy this, it's only on my list because I want to keep track of it so I can see if it will eventually go on sale. That's how I got their old Pro brush set. They had a set similar to this but instead of an easel, it was a makeup artist brush belt. It was the old Pro brushes, the ones with the silver handle. That set was originally 360$ but after a few years they lowered it to 270$, then to 180$ and finally to 100$. I bought it when it was 100$ and the day after, they were all sold out. The reason they dropped the price was because they were launching the new Pro brushes. So I got a crazy good deal on 15 brushes and a brush belt. I love my brushes, they're good quality and I use them everyday and they haven't fallen apart. Let me know if you want a post showing my brush collection and the belt that came with this set.

6. NARS Lip Gloss in Angelika
29$CAD

I love love love NARS lipglosses. The colors are extremely flattering, the texture isn't sticky and they look amazing. The only downside is that you need to put on a ton for the color to really show. Angelika is a bubblegum pink color and they also have a blush with the same name. I'd love to try out both, as I also love NARS blushes. They are amazing!!

7. MAC eyeshadows
I'm putting together a custom palette and here are the shades that I don't have just yet but plan on purchasing soon. Eyeshadows are 18$CAD each. You have to buy the actual palette and the inserts separately. I bought the double palette that contains up to 30 eyeshadows. You could also do 12 shadows and 6 blushes, it's up to you.

For my neutral palette: (from left to right, top to bottom)

Sable
Embark
Coquette
Corduroy

and for my Purples/Greens palette:

Vibrant Grape


Fig.1


Satellite Dreams


Idol Eyes

Nocturnelle

Contrast

Beauty Marked

Shadowy Lady

Club

Greensmoke

Aquadisiac

So that's it!! This is everything that is on my current shopping list. Again, I just want to say that I will not be buying each and every one of these items. This list is just for fun, it just shows all the stuff that interests me and if I had an unlimited budget, then you would find all these things in my house. But until then, these items will remain on my shopping list. And yes, I know, I'm more than just a little slightly obssessed with Too Faced lately. But yes, I do use other brands as well!!!!

So what is on your shopping list? Let me know what beauty products you're dying to pick up! Which products out of the ones on my list would you most likely buy? Which product do you think is worth it / not worth it? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!


Thanks for reading,

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment