Saturday, April 27, 2013

Urban Decay original Naked palette + Curly hair with a straightener

Hello my awesome readers!

Today I'm going to finally be showcasing a brand that isn't Too Faced. Lol. I'll be showing you an everyday, natural, totally school and work appropriate day look. The reason I'm doing a lot of these is because this is something that you can wear every day. My real passion is anything smokey and fashion makeup, it really gets my juices flowing, but I thought I'd start out more basic. I didn't want first time readers to think "wow that makeup looks so crazy and hard, when the hell would I wear that?!?"

Today I'll be using Urban Decay's first and original Naked palette. I'll be using about 4 different brands for this tutorial. You don't have to go out and buy everything I'm showing you to recreate a certain look, just make do with what you already have. Are you interested in a post about what makeup all beginners should have in their makeup bag? If you're not that familiar with makeup, it might seem a little overwhelming at first. But I promise you it's not. I've made learning makeup part of my everyday routine. I try out different looks every morning to practice and sharpen my skills. I use days off to truly experiment with color and application techniques.

So enough of me blabbing, lets get onto the important stuff: the makeup!!




Urban Decay's original Naked palette




Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay original Naked palette

  • Virgin: use as a base and highlight
  • Naked: apply all over lid
  • Buck: apply to crease and outer V

Urban Decay double-ended eyeliner in Zero/Whiskey using Whiskey
Too Faced Perfect Eyes eyeliner in Perfect Black
Too Faced Lashgasm mascara




Face:

MUFE HD face primer
MUFE HD Foundation (110)
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer (NW20) for concealing under-eye circles
MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NW20) for concealing blemishes
Benefit Bella Bamba blush powder box
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless pore perfecting bronzer
Benefit High Beam luminizer
MUFE HD Powder




Lips:

Stila Lipglaze in Kitten (what I'm wearing)
OR
Too Faced La Creme in Naked Dolly (nude with pink undertone)
OR
Stila Holly Lipglaze (classic red, adds a pop to a natural look while still being school and work appropriate. for the more daring makeup girl. this lipglaze came from the winter '13 lipglaze set so im not sure if this color is part of the permanent collection, perhaps under a different name)





Yikes!! I forgot to mention my MAC select cover-up concealer in all my previous posts!! Big oops. I'll be adding this to previous postings where I used this concealer.

EDIT: Double yikes!! Forgot to mention Benefit High Beam!! I should really make a pile of all the products I'm using that day so I remember to list them all.

I really like the Naked palette, it contains warm-toned neutral colors. Only 2 shades are matte thought, I think a few more would have been nice. I purchased this palette and the Naked2 relatively recently (yes, I'm new to UD!) and I think I'm starting to lean more towards the first palette.

Final Thought: I would definetely recommend this palette to a friend. This palette has all the basic neutral colors than one needs, especially if you work in a more conservative environment. Color payoff is amazing. Pigmentation is great. Another great product that is truly worth the money. The palette comes with a shadow brush and a deluxe size of primer potion.

What you need for this look (I only put universal items, ie: no foundation, etc)


Urban Decay Naked palette - 60$CAD

Urban Decay Double-Ended Eyeliner - 14$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba plush Powder Box - 36$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba


Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Perfect Eyes Eyeliner in Perfect Black - 24$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm mascara - 28$CAD

Stila Kitten Lipglaze - 29$CAD for fullsize [lipglaze pictured is the small size]

And now, some really horrible pictures of swatches I did of this look. I apologize profusely but I couldn't make this work. I really wanted to show the colours as they are, but hey, it's night and my lighting sucks.



From left to right:
Urban Decay shadows in Virgin, Naked, and Buck
top: Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
bottom: Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey
Benefit Bella Bamba blush box
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Stila Kitten Lipglaze



I was going to include the hair bit in this post, but I feel that both of them together would be extremely long. So I'm giving the hair it's own post. You'll have to wait a little bit longer, but........

Here's a little peak:




I hope you all enjoyed this post. So tell me:
Naked 1 or Naked 2?
What did you love/hate most about either palette?
Matte bronzer or shimmer bronzer??
bb cream or foundation?
Show me your version of this look.

Much love,

Steph xo.

[Edit: The hair post can be found here. Enjoy!]

[Disclaimer: All products are bought and paid for by me. All opinions are my own.]

No comments:

Post a Comment