Friday, April 26, 2013

Too Faced's Air-Buffed BB Creme vs Too Faced's Tinted Beauty Balm

Hello beauties!

Today's post is a review and comparison between Too Faced's new Air-Buffed BB Creme and their older Tinted Beauty Balm. I'm using the shade "Snow Glow" for each product. Yes, I know, I'm crazy pale!!! I'll be listing the pros and cons of each and then I will reveal to you which one I liked more and why. I believe both products contain SPF 20.

Both products come in a range of 5 shades, from lightest to darkest, they are: Snow Glow, Vanilla Glow, Linen Glow, Creme Glow and Nude Glow.

My shade, Snow Glow, is for very pale, porcelain skin with pink undertones. This shade matched me exactly. Snow Glow and Linen Glow are new shades that are now offered for the Tinted Beauty Balm as well.

Too Faced's new Air-Buffed BB Creme (in Snow Glow)
Described by Too Faced as "complete coverage makeup"




Pros:
  • Fuller coverage
  • Thicker consistency, provides fuller coverage
Cons:
  • Doesn't set. Ever. 
  • Comes off with the slightest touch
  • Doesn't blend well/easily
  • Thicker consistency, as this makes it harder to blend out evenly
Too Faced's older Tinted Beauty Balm (in Snow Glow)
Described by Too Faced as "multi-benefit skin care makeup".




Pros:
  • Blends into skin nicely
  • Smooth formula
  • very lightweight on the skin
Cons:
  • Very light, non-buildable coverage

I liked the older Tinted Beauty Balm more. It might have less coverage, but it's super easy to apply and won't end up rubbing off me. I also liked the texture more, the new one was like a chunkier cream that wouldn't thin out and apply evenly, and it wouldn't set. Not even by the end of the day!! So the older Beauty Balm has my vote.



Air-Buffed BB Creme 48$CAD -=-=- Tinted Beauty Balm 42-44$CAD*

*42$ for the old shades (Vanilla, Creme, and Nude) and 44$ for the new shades (Snow and Linen)


I haven't yet tried BB creams from other brands, so I can't compare these particular BB creams in general just yet. I like them for what they are, but can't tell you that it's "the best" or "the worst" of the realm of bb creams.

And remember ladies, a beauty balm is not meant to cover like foundation. I would say it's ideal for those that have no or very little breakouts and redness. This is something I would wear on a hot summer day when full coverage is just too heavy. I also use this on lazy makeup days to create healthy looking natural skin. 

Also, don't get confused with a tinted moisturizer. Real beauty balms are supposed to have numerous skin benefits, on top of moisturizing and concealing. They have spf 20, protect the skin, tone out redness and dark spots, function as a primer, and some have anti-aging properties. In other words, they do much much more than just your basic tinted moisturizer. The American-made BB creams may not necessarily carry all the wonderful skin benefits that the original Korean BB creams have. Don't get fooled by a tinted moisturizer that is masquerading as a BB cream.

So tell me, which one do you prefer and why? Are there other brands whose BB cream is amazing? Let me know in the comments.


Much much much love,
Steph xo.

P.S. The air-buffed bb creme comes with a little brush. I haven't used it, as I prefer to heat up the bb creme in my hands because it applies better that way.

[Disclaimer: Both products were bought and paid for by me. All opinions are my own.]

No comments:

Post a Comment