Monday, April 29, 2013

Urban Decay Naked palette vs Naked2 palette

Hello babes!

Today I'm going to be talking about Urban Decay's original Naked palette and their newer Naked2 palette. I only own 3 palettes by Urban Decay and only started buying their products recently. My city only opened a downtown Sephora store a bit over a year ago and no other stores sell Urban Decay where I live. I'm really glad I bought these two palettes because they are truly amazing. The quality in both palettes is super, pigmentation is great and fallout is only a problem for the sparkly shades. The sparkles get everywhere!! There is only one repeat shade that is in both palettes, Half Baked. For 60$CAD you get 12 full-size shades, what a deal!



Each palette is 60$CAD


Urban Decay Naked palette
This palette contains warm colors. There are 2 matte shades, 3 sparkle shades and 7 shimmer. They are mainly nude/brown/neutral colors. This palette comes with a deluxe size Primer Potion and a Good Karma shadow brush. The Primer Potion really complements the shadows well. I haven't tried the brush yet. The shadows are house in a cardboard box. [The original release of this palette contained a double-ended 27/7 Eyeliner in Black/Whiskey instead of the Good Karma brush. I would have preferred the eyeliner as I have a ton of eye brushes.]


Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog. Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal


Urban Decay Naked2 palette
This palette contains cold colors. There are 3 matte shades, 1 sparkle shade and 8 shimmer. They are yellow-toned neutrals,  taupes and greys. This palette comes with a deluxe size Lip Junkie gloss in Naked and a Good Karma double-ended shadow and blending/crease brush. The Lip Junkie goes on very neutral only making your lips slightly redder. It plumps your lips and smells like peppermint, which gives it that cooling effect. The shadows are housed in a metal/tin box.


Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout


The Verdict: I don't have a favorite palette persay, but I find I am using my Naked palette more than Naked2. It's hard to compare both palettes as they are very different in tone and colours. It comes down to which tones and shades look good on you. If you have both of these palettes, you won't need another neutral/naked palette again. I think they are a must have for any makeup collection. If you're only just starting out in makeup, I would recommend buying at least one of these palettes, if not both.



I hoped you liked this review and I plan to do more "vs" comparisons in the future.

I've also planned out the days of the week for all things makeup to make it a bit more fun:

Monday: Mascara Monday (obviously won't turn into a long-term thing cuz I'm not that big of a mascara person, but it'll probably take 1-2 months to cover the mascaras that I do have)
Tuesday: Tutorial Tuesday
Wednesday: Working Wednesday (more neutral/nude safe for school/work looks)
Thursday: Tutorial Thursday / Throwback Thursday (on Throwback Thursday I will show you some makeup looks I did when I was younger and I'll try to remember what products I used)
Friday: Fashion Friday (more crazy, out there makeup looks)
Saturday: Smokey Saturday (yay for smokey eyes!)
Sunday: No Idea. Give me a suggestion!!

So I ask you, my fellow makeup enthusiasts, which palette did you prefer? Naked 1 or Naked 2 and why? What other naked or nude/neutral palettes do you recommend? What makeup theme should Sunday be? Did you like the brushes that came with these palettes and would you recommend I try them out?

Thank you and see you soon,

La-la-love,

Steph xo.

[Disclaimer: All products are bought and paid for by me. All opinions are my own.]

P.S. I might not be posting everyday for the beginning of this week because I have a lot of school work to do and my 3rd round of tests is coming up, and less than a week after, its finals!! So please excuse me if I'm not as present as I would like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment