Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 5 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals

Hey glam girls!

So for today's look, seeing as it's Thursday, I wanted it to be fun. So I went with purple! Purple looks really great on me and of course I had to do the rest of my face in pink. Those two colors just go so well together. I'm also using an eyeliner from the Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner Set for this look.

This is a completely different look than anything from the Days of Sephora + Pantone Universe, but it is so like how I do my makeup normally. I'm basically using my usual products for this look, and it looks so good with a purple eye. I hope you like the look! I wanted to do something that was light enough to be worn to work but classy and beautiful enough for a night out on the town after work.




I also just want to say that I took these photos a while ago when I was first started doing this series. I wanted to do green before doing this but that didn't happen for a long time. This was also the day after I got my brows done for the first time so I was super ecstatic about that and obviously wasn't paying very much attention to the pictures I was taking, which is why there is a slight lack of decent pictures. Oops. So I hope you like it anyway. I have to say that my brows look fantastic. We've got 2 more days left in this series, 2 more columns to go! Tomorrow can either be that sexy smokey black or it can be those mossy greys. What do you think it'll be?

And check this out:

Sephora Makeup Made Simple - 43$CAD


Totally random but I saw this palette on Sephora's site just now, after I did the Fall 2013 Makeup Trends post. I have to say that this looks like a perfect palette for someone that doesn't have a ton of makeup or who wants to add to their collection. You've got 3 brown looks for work, 3 different grey/black looks you can smokify and 3 colorful looks you can do on a day off. Each palette has a blush and bronze and you can remove each of the 3 sub palettes and put it into a carrying case to put in your purse. I have to say that I actually really like this set. I haven't been that excited about a Sephora Collection product until I saw this. It looks promising. They also have a small 4 color eye palette in 2 different colors. I like the purple one, I think it looks pretty nice.


Anyway, now onto the makeup look!



Day 5 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals: Smokey Purple



The application for this look is pretty simple. I started off by doing my brows, because I was really excited about them. I took these pictures the day after I got my brows done. I was sitting on this for a while because I planned on doing the green column first before releasing this. New products came and I totally forgot. But I'm finally doing it. So anyway, prep your brows using Benefit Brow Zings and Instant Brow Pencil. Then draw a line on your brow bone, meaning underneath your brows, using Benefit High Brow. This will give your brows a nice lift. Prime your eyes if you haven't already with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Take your Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette and put Cloud Gray all over your eye, from lash to brow, as a base. Then take Deauville Mauve and apply it to your lid. Next, take Purple Gumdrop and apply it to your crease and outer V. Now take the Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner in Hortensia and apply it to your top and bottom lash lines. Put MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved in your top and bottom waterlines. To make your lashes look extra special, put on Too Faced's Better Than False Lashes.

For the face, prime it with Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Conceal your under eye circles with MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer. Apply foundation, like Makeup Forever's HD Foundation. Now cover your blemishes using MAC Studio Finish Concealer. Powder your face using Makeup Forever's HD Powder. Now contour your face using Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless. Apply MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy to the apples of the cheek. Apply Benefit High Beam to the cheekbones, cupid's bow, and anywhere else. Make sure everything is blended. Lastly, apply Too Faced La Creme in Marshmallow Bunny on your lips.



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette (LE)

  • Cloud Gray: apply to the whole eye, from lashes to brow
  • Deauville Mauve: apply to lid
  • Purple Gumdrop: apply to crease and outer V

Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner in Hortensia (LE): line upper and lower lash lines
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved: do both upper and lower waterlines
Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System

Brows:

Benefit Brow Zings in Light
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium
Benefit High Brow




Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless




Lips:

Too Faced La Creme in Marshmallow Bunny








Products Used:



Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette (LE)

Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette (LE)

Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette (LE)


Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner Set (LE)

Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner in Hortensia (LE)

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System - 46$CAD

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium - 25$CAD

Benefit High Brow - 26$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy - 25$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Marshmallow Bunny - 25$CAD

From left to right:
Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadows in: Cloud Gray, Deauville Mauve, Purple Gumdrop
Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner in Hortensia
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Marshmallow Bunny









From left to right:
Cloud Gray, Keepsake Lilac, Deauville Mauve, Purple Gumpdrop, Flint










Thanks for reading and for supporting me. I hoped you liked today's look. I know it was a little on the usual side, but I wanted this look to be really purple and pink and girly. I made it soft enough for day wear and just pop a bit more blush on your cheeks for a night out, along with a bit darker contouring and highlighting. Let me know if you like this look and which look so far is your favorite. Which products are you loving that were in this look? I have to say that I love MAC's blush and Too Faced's lipstick.

I also forgot to mention an alternative to yesterday's green look. There is a gold/yellow eyeshadow in that same column that could be used with the Foiled Eyeliner in Honey Mustard for a beautiful gold look.

Here's a last hint for tomorrow's look, and I'm going to make this a little bit less obvious than the past hints: Think of the weather right now in NYC. What color are the skies? That's the eyeshadow color for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a look using my new MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadow in Greenluxe, so watch out for that! After that I will finish the last 2 days of this series.

If you want to check out past looks, here are the links:

Day 4 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals: Smokey Deep Green

Day 3 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals: Sexy Browns

Day 2 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals: Light Browns

Day 1 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals: Rosey Pink

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment