Monday, July 15, 2013

Super Dramatic Smokey Eye using MAC Eyeshadows

Hey glam girlies and guysies!

So today I really wanted to play around with a new MAC eyeshadow I bought, Contrast. It's such a beautiful dark blue/purple color. I experimented with Electra and a few other shades and holy crap I ended up with the most super dramatic eye look. Not to mention that the lashes I used add a lot of exaggeration to this look. You don't have to use crazy lashes like I did, I just did it for fun. Minus the crazy lashes, you could wear this look out at night. It's super pretty. I know I used a lot of eye products. You don't need to use all of them. Customize the look the way you see fit.

I just want to say that MAC Fluidline sucks balls with false lashes. I swear to God I just spent a good hour trying to fix this mess that is Fluidline and glue. The fluidline keeps chipping off. The wet glue rubs the Fluidline off. You can't even put Fluidline unless you prime the surface because it slides right off. Now I love the look of Fluidline, especially when you're doing a cat eye and it's the main focus. But as a liner under lashes, I could have picked something better. There's bits of Fluidline stuck in my lashes now. Argh! One of my lashes is on perfect and the other one keeps having issues. I'm done fixing my lashes, because I could fix them all night and they still wouldn't be perfect.




I know I used a lot of eyeshadows in this look and you really don't have to use that many. Just use what you have. I was having fun. It was the first time I used Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara and I like it. I think it's great at giving volume and curling your lashes. It also keeps them separated and not clumpy. It doesn't really thicken them or make them dramatic. I think it would make a good everyday mascara.

I also effing hate fake lashes. They piss me off. They never go on right. There's always one eye that gets all the trouble. I should have just used Too Faced Better Than False Lashes.

Super Dramatic Smokey Eye using MAC Eyeshadows




Always remember to prime before starting. Apply MAC Electra in the middle of your eye. Leave a tiny space in the inner corner and leave the outer corner. Apply MAC Contrast to your outer corner, outer V and crease. Take a blending brush and blend the top of Electra and Contrast. Then take MAC Carbon and apply it to your outer V to add some depth to Contrast. Blend it in well. Take MAC Forgery and MAC Phloof! and apply them to the inner corners of the eyes. Take MAC Shroom and blend out Electra and Contrast once more. Take Phloof! and apply it under the brow bone to really bring it out. For the bottom lids you want to apply Forgery to the inner corner and continue with Electra until a little after halfway. Then take Contrast and take it from the outer lid and carry it a little past halfway and blend it into Electra. Line your eyes with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. Do a thin line, it helps with the lashes. Apply Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara to your top lashes and MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack to your bottom lashes. Apply Duo Glue onto your lashes and wait for the glue to be tacky. We're using Sephora Lashes in Showstopper. After the lashes are done, it's time to do the brows. Use Benefit Brow Zings in Light and draw in your eyebrows. Add a dramatic arch.

For the face we also begin by priming. Then use MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer to cover your under eye circles. Then take MUFE HD Foundation and apply it all over your face. Take MAC Studio Finish Concealer to cover any blemishes. Apply MUFE HD Powder all over the face to set the foundation and concealer. Take Too Faced Pink Leopard and apply it wherever the sun naturally hits the face. Then take MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy and apply it to the apples of your cheeks and back towards the perimeter of the face. Apply Benefit High Beam as a highlight on your cheekbones, cupid's bow, chin, and brow bones. For your lips, apply Benefit Posietint and wait for it to absorb into the skin. Then take NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday and apply it to your lips. Lastly, take NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight and dab it on top of Roman Holiday. And that's it!




Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Eyeshadow in Electra
MAC Eyeshadow in Contrast
MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
MAC Eyeshadow in Forgery
MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit Bad Gal Lash
MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack
Sephora Lashes in Showstopper
Duo Glue

Brows:

Benefit Brow Zings in Light






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Pink Leopard





Lips:

Benefit Posietint
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday
NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight









Products Used:


MAC Eyeshadows (18$CAD each) in:
Forgery (top left)
Electra (top right)
Contrast (bottom left)
Carbon (bottom right)

MAC Eyeshadows (18$CAD each) in:
Phloof! (top)
Shroom (bottom)

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack - 19$CAD

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara - 12$CAD for mini (shown), fullsize is 26$CAD

MAC Zoomlash Mascara in Zoomblack - 19$CAD

Duo Glue - a few bucks

Sephora Fake Lashes in Showstopper - 12$CAD

Sephora Fake Lashes in Showstopper

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy - 25$CAD

Too Faced Pink Leopard

Too Faced Pink Leopard - 38$CAD

Benefit Posie Tint - mini shown, fullsize is 36$CAD

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday - 30$CAD

NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight - 29$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom
MAC Eyeshadow in Forgery
MAC Eyeshadow in Electra
MAC Eyeshadow in Contrast
MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved

From left to right:
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Too Faced Pink Leopard
Benefit Posie Tint
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday
NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight









Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the look! I know I did. It was a lot of fun building this look and making it super evening dramatic. If you find the false lashes make it too dramatic, just put on some mascara instead! I also wanted to dress it up a bit so I put on a dress and some earrings and voila!



The dress is the "Le Sac" Dress from American Apparel. Earrings are from Betsey Johnson. Cat necklace was a gift.






Isn't the cat necklace adorable? I fell in love with it when I first saw it. Most awesomest present ever!!








Alright so I hope you enjoyed the look! Looking back, it kind of reminds me of the Fashion Look from the Too Faced Smokey Eye palette. The looks are similar but they do have their differences.

Fashion Look using Too Faced Smokey Eyes Palette

Let me know what you thought of this look! Is it too dramatic? Not dramatic enough? I want to know what you thought of MAC Contrast and tell me what eyeshadow combos you would use with it. I also want to know if you use Benefit's cheek tints and which one is your favorite? And did you like the lips? I thought that the 3 products together made a beautiful color! So let me know your thoughts on this look, I'd love to hear from you.

If you want all the latest updates, please "Like" my Facebook Page, Steph Stud Makeup. You can also "like" it by clicking "like" in the gigantic box directly below. You can also follow me on twitter, @stephstudenny. If you would like to contact me there, you can use the hashtag #stephstudrequests to request a particular makeup look or tutorial. And of course, you can comment right here on my blog!

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment