Monday, July 29, 2013

Green Eye Look on my Mom using MAC

Hello glam girls!!

I have so much to talk about.. and I've already written most of it in posts I was planning on publishing, but haven't, mainly because I fell asleep in my makeup before taking photos and when I finally woke up, it was smudged really badly.

I'm going to show you a face chart of a look I did on my mom today. Unfortunately, she didn't want me to post the pictures of the makeup I did. Not because she didn't like it, but because she just doesn't like putting herself out there on the internet. Especially since it was a darker look and not one that she is used to wearing everyday. She did, however, give me permission to take a photo of her eyes. I'll be showing you both the face chart and the pic of the eyes. I found the blank face chart on google and I printed it onto watercolor paper. The watercolor paper makes a HUGE difference and it enables the pigment to stay onto the paper. You can even use makeup brushes to apply the makeup onto the paper.

Since this is a bit different than my usual posts, I'll explain it detail how I did the makeup and I will list all the products I used on her. I will most likely also do the eye look on myself. I used MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Smutty Green, which is I just bought the other day and still haven't used on myself. I also bought Young Punk, which is also a Mineralize Eyeshadow. I also ordered a few discontinued eyeshadows online, which are: Shimmermoss and Purple Haze. I also ordered a Pro shade, Vellum. The last shade I got (in order to qualify for free shipping) was Vibrant Grape. I'll be showing all the new MAC stuff once I get my shipment. I don't like doing a bunch of small posts. I really would have liked to show more pictures, but I will definitely be doing a look using Smutty Green and Young Punk (though not necessarily together) in the near future.

So here's the look and the face chart:


Green Eye Look using MAC




To prime the eyes, use a paint pot if you have one or a sticky base if you don't. I used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 as my sticky base so that the sparkles from the Mineralize Eyeshadow would stick. It works just as good as a primer. Apply it to the entire eye area and use a blending brush to blend it out if necessary. Next, take MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Smutty Green and apply it to your lid using a medium eyeshadow brush. Then take MAC Eyeshadow in Greensmoke and apply it to your crease, outer V, and outer lid using a blending brush (MAC 217). Make sure you blend it all the way to your inner eye. Take MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom and apply it between your brow and your crease color and blend out the crease using a blending brush. I like to go back in and blend out Greensmoke again. Then take MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof! and apply it to the inner corners of the eyes as well as under the brow. Looking back, for an older person such as my mom, I would have used MAC Eyeshadow in Vanilla instead of Shroom and Phloof!. There's enough sparkle on the lid, we don't need more in the crease. For a young person, however, Shroom and Phloof! are great. To line the bottom lid, use MAC Eyeshadow in Humid and apply it using an angled liner brush. The last step is to apply mascara, like Too Faced Lashgasm. My mom didn't want to put on mascara because it irritates her hard contact lenses, but that is the mascara that I would have used on her.

For the face, I didn't use a primer. I forgot! But I would have used Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I then went and covered her under eye circles with MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20. This is the concealer that I normally use on myself, but it was the perfect color for her and it really hid her circles. This concealer really impressed her and she's going to buy one. I then did her foundation using MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW18 and a foundation brush. I find that the numbering is weird, NW18 is much darker than NW20. While this didn't work for me, it was perfect for my mom. I set the foundation and concealer by using Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent and a powder brush. Make sure it's applied evenly all over the face. Now it's time to contour using Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless and a contour brush. Suck in your cheeks as a guide and contour under your cheekbones, on your chin, on the perimeter of the face and the temples. Then take NARS Blush in Orgasm and apply it to the apples of the cheek and blend it outward and make sure it blends into your bronzer. Then apply Benefit Watt's Up highlighter to the cupid's bow, chin, and the tops of your cheekbones. I like to apply powder on top so that it isn't as shimmery. I do think that my mom is getting a little too old to be wearing highlighter, so I probably wouldn't put this on her the next time I do her makeup. On a young person, it would look fantastic. The last step was to put on a lip liner, MAC Lip Liner in Soar, and a lipstick, Illamasqua Lipstick in Test.

Eyes:

MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (used as a base)
MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Smutty Green
MAC Eyeshadow in Greensmoke
MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Eyeshadow in Humid
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara

Face:

MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW18
Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
Benefit Watt's Up
NARS Blush in Orgasm
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Lips:

MAC Lip Liner in Soar
Illamasqua Lipstick in Test





Here are some photos of the eyes:







I hope that the post was still enjoyable. I will do a proper post along with swatches and everything when I do the look myself. I got a bunch of new products recently and I can't wait to try them all out and show you guys. I really wanted to show the whole makeup look but my mom really didn't want me to. But that's okay, I will do a look using Smutty Green in the very near future. Thanks for reading!

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment