Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Classic Look from Too Faced's Natural Eye Palette

Hello glam gals!!

We're so busy at my house! I've told you about the new windows, which are finally done but we still need to put moldings around the window and re-paint the walls around the windows. So it still looks like it's under construction. We also got a new cabinet for the bathroom so we can store makeup, soaps, creams, face stuff, etc. I'm also looking into buying a cabinet for my room so I can store all my makeup before it gets really out of hand. I also want to get little containers so I can keep everything organized and tidy. My cat is also going to be getting his new litter box set up soon now that all the noisy construction is done. I can't believe there is less than 2 months left of summer before school starts.

I've also been working on my Makeup Basics page for a very long time and I'm happy to say that I've finally finished it! It's for beginners and it breaks everything down so you can better understand makeup. I explain what colors to pick, how to apply it, etc. At the end, I also have a list of all the basic things that I would include in a beginner's first ever makeup set. You can find this page on the top bar, or here: Beginner Makeup - Back to Basics. Thank you for all your support.



Today I'm going to show you how to do the "Classic" Look from Too Faced's Natural Eye Palette. This look is full on shimmer using very soft and natural colors. While this might be a tad bit too shimmery for the workplace, it is an excellent look for the weekend or even a night out with friends. If you're familiar with Too Faced's palettes, you know that it comes with 3 different eyeshadow looks: Day, Classic, and Fashion. I've already done the Day look from this palette and I will link it at the bottom of the page.

For a younger woman, this palette is great. For an older woman, on the other hand, this palette is just too shimmery for them to wear as a "natural" eye look. I like this palette and it's exactly what Too Faced would do as a Natural Eye look, because they LOVE shimmer. The quality of their products is always amazing and this palette impresses.



And just a random note, if you want to try out Benefit's Sun Beam, Posie tint, and Cha Cha tint but don't want to commit to buying a 32$CAD bottle of one fullsize product, you can buy the Gettin' Cheeky set of all 3 minis for 20$CAD. I thought it was a great deal because I have an even smaller mini of Posietint, which I like, and also because I wanted to try out all their liquid type products (like Moon Beam, Benetint, etc). I thought this was a perfect way to try out these products without having to commit to buying an expensive fullsize. So far, I'm liking Sun Beam. I haven't tried Cha Cha yet.



Classic Look from Too Faced's Natural Eye Palette




For the eyes, start by priming them. Then apply Silk Teddy just between the crease and the brow. You also want to sweep it down into the inner corner of your eye. Also apply it in the inner corner of your bottom lid. Next, apply Push-Up onto your lid. Then take Erotica and apply it to the crease and outer V. Be sure to blend it outward. Use Silk Teddy to blend, if needed. You also apply Erotica onto your upper and lower lashlines to line your eyes. To make your lashes appear fuller, apply a black eyeliner, MAC's Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and tightline your top lashes only. Next, take a mascara and apply it to your lashes. I used Clinique's High Impact Mascara. I don't find it that great, but I do like the way that it separates all my lashes. You can also lightly fill in your brows or go the full monty.

The next step is the face. Prepare it by applying Too Faced's Primed and Poreless face primer. Then conceal your undereye circles with MAC's Select Cover-Up Concealer. After this, it's foundation time. I used MUFE's HD Foundation. After applying your foundation, apply concealer to your blemishes. I use MAC's Studio Finish Concealer. After this, apply a loose setting powder, like MUFE's HD Powder. Now it's time to contour. Since this is a natural look, go lightly on the contour and pick a shade that isn't that much darker than your skintone. I'm using Too Faced's Bronzed and Poreless. Make sure to cover the perimeter of the face, the neck, and the hollows of your cheek. You can also contour your nose. After this, apply a pink blush, such as MAC's Powder Blush in Dame. Apply it to the apples of your cheeks and blend it down towards your contour. As a highlight, I'm using Benefit's Sun Beam because the bronze color goes with our natural look. I've also never used this product before so I wanted to try it out. I applied it to the cheekbones, on top of the brow bones, and on the cupid's bow of the lips. It is such a gorgeous bronze color. The last step is to apply either a nude or light pink lipstick. I went with a nude lipstick with a pink undertone, Too Faced's La Creme in Naked Dolly, because pink is what works for me. You can also apply a light pink lipstick such as NARS's Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight. Now you're all set to show off your look!


Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Natural Eye palette

  • Silk Teddy: apply from the crease to the brow and in the corners of the eyes and the inner bottom lid
  • Push-Up: apply to the lid
  • Erotica: apply to the crease, outer V, and line the upper and lower lash lines

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved: line upper waterline
Clinique High Impact Mascara

Brows

Benefit Brow Zings in Light
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium





Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for under eye circles)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit Sun Beam
MAC Powder Blush in Dame
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless




Lips:

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly







Products Used:


Too Faced Natural Eye palette

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette - 44$CAD
Classic Look used in tutorial

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

Clinique High Impact Mascara - mini shown, fullsize is 19$CAD

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium - 25$CAD
Benefit Sun Beam - mini shown, fullsize is 32$CAD

MAC Powder Blush in Dame

MAC Powder Blush in Dame - 25$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly - 25$CAD
From left to right:
Too Faced Natural Eye in "Classic": Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit Sun Beam
MAC Powder Blush in Dame
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly









Thanks for reading and I hope you liked today's look. I love Too Faced's palettes and this one was no exception. It had soft natural colors but was a little too shimmery for everyday makeup. I still love it and the eye looks are gorgeous. Did you like this look? Which is your favorite look in this palette out of the three? Which is your favorite product that was used in this tutorial and why? What do you think of Benefit's Sun Beam? Let me know what your thoughts and opinions are about this look.

You can also see the "Day" Look from the Too Faced Natural Eye palette here.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I would like to start doing videos for you guys and I want to know what the first video should be. So leave me a comment telling me your ideas. You can "Like" my Facebook Page, Steph Stud Makeup, by cliking in the gigantic box directly below. You can also follow me on twitter, @stephstudenny and use the hashtag #stephstudrequests if you want to request anything on there. Thank you for all your support.

My next post will be Day 4 of Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals and it will be the green column  =]

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment