Wednesday, July 24, 2013

More Bright and Coloful Matte Makeup using MAC Pro

Hey glam babes!!

Wow so much going on!! Barely a month left before school starts and registration is next week. Hopefully I get the classes that I want. I have it all planned out. This is also the year that I'm doing university applications, so that's going to be mad stressful. I also have to make sure I've done all my graduation requirements so that I actually graduate this year. Since I'm in continuing education and I already have a previous DEC (Cegep Diploma), it kind of complicates things. Like what carries over from my previous DEC to this one, etc. I have to make sure I've got all my supplies. I actually quite like school supply shopping. I know, I'm weird. I'm like in love with all the different colors. I also have to bring my cat to the vet before school and work start. He needs to get all his booster shots and just a general check up. I'm scared that when we bring out the carrier he'll remember when we went on vacation for a week and left him at a place. We left him at a really good place, which calls themselves a pet hotel, but he freaked out. He has super intense separation anxiety. We haven't gone anywhere since. So hopefully he doesn't have a panic attack when we show him the carrier.




So yeah onto makeup, today's look is basically the same idea as yesterday's and using a lot of the same products as yesterday's. I wanted to play around with more of my new MAC Pro eyeshadows and I decided to do a look using Cobalt and Naval along with a non-pro shade, Seedy Pearl. It's more of a purple/blue look so I thought that my new Illamasqua lipstick and blush would go fantastic with this since they are both blue toned pinks. But not to be too repetitive, I used a MAC lipstick. Honestly, both lipsticks look fantastic with this look. So depending on what kind of finish you want, you can go with Illamasqua's Lipstick in Plunge for a matte lip, or MAC's Lipstick in St-Germain for a creamy finish. After I did this look, I found that it reminded me of the 80's. When girls used to wear neon colors and be super flashy. Well, these matte bright blue eyeshadows and bright pink lip definitely reminded me of those days. While this is something I would wear on a normal day, you can always wear this for an 80's theme party but make the cheeks more dramatic. You can even draw in a mole to look like Madonna. If you really want to be 80's, using a complimentary color like orange or yellow in addition to the blue eyeshadow. Make sure it's bright colors.

And if you haven't noticed, I got my hair cut a few days ago. I went for a totally different style than what I had before. I love it. I'm eventually going to do a post on my new hair and give some styling tips and I'll talk about a few styling products I love.

And I just found out that awesome colors are being discontinued by MAC  :(  Like Shimmermoss, Purple Haze, Bitter, Juxt, Digit, just to name a few. These were all colors I was interested in. Sucks balls. I only named eyeshadows but they have quite a bit of other stuff that's being discontinued and it's all listed on their site.


More Bright and Colorful Matte Makeup using MAC Pro




To start, prime your eyes using Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Using a medium eyeshadow brush (Sephora PRO Medium Shadow Brush), push MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Cobalt onto the eyelid, going slightly into the crease and leaving the outer lid blank. Then take a blending brush (MAC 217) and MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Naval and blend it into the crease. You want to go 2/3 towards your inner eye and blend it into Cobalt. Also apply Naval to the outer corner and smoke it up and outward. Take another blending brush (Sephora PRO Crease Brush) and MAC Eyeshadow in Seedy Pearl and blend out Cobalt and Naval. Also apply Seedy Pearl as a highlight color and bring it down to the inner corners of the eyes. After you finish blending Seedy Pearl, go back in and apply more Cobalt onto the lid by gently pressing it on. You want the color to pop. Also blend Naval so that the darkest color is in the crease and outer lid. I usually do my face routine before I do the bottom lid. Take an angled brush (Sephora PRO Angled Liner Brush) and Cobalt and apply it to the bottom lid. You want to take it from the inner corner all the way out, except the outermost lid. Put Naval in the outer part of the lid and blend it into the outer upper lid. Take MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and line both top and bottom waterlines. Then take MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack and apply 2 coats of mascara to your top lashes. Applying mascara to your bottom lashes is optional. Your eyes are done! Now, it's time to fill in your brows. Use Benefit Brow Zings and fill them in. Now it's time to move onto the rest of your face.




Prime your face using Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Cover up your under eye circles using MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer using a concealer brush (Sephora PRO Concealer Brush). Then apply a full coverage foundation, like MUFE HD Foundation with a stippling brush (Sephora PRO Stippling Brush) or your preferred method. If you have any acne or redness that you still see through the foundation, take a concealer like MAC Studio Finish and apply it with your fingers. When you're happy with it, apply a loose setting powder like MUFE HD Powder using a kabuki brush (MUFE HD Kabuki). Take a matte bronzer and contour your face using a contouring brush or a powder brush squished into a line (Sephora Collection Powder Brush). Contouring is done by sucking in your cheeks and using the line as a guideline. Go from the top of your ear in an angle down towards the corner of your mouth. Also apply bronzer to the temples, perimeter of the face, blend into the neck, and the sides of the nose. Next, apply a light blue-toned pink like Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph. Using a blush brush (Too Faced Powder Pouf), apply it to the apples of your cheeks and blend it outwards and also blend it down into your contour. Take a clean brush and blend the side close to your nose, so it looks natural. Then take Benefit High Beam and apply it to your cheekbones, chin, cupid's bow, brow arches, etc. Don't smudge it in, gently tap it in. Lastly, take a blue-toned lipstick and apply it. If you want a creamy lip, use MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl (LE), or MAC Lipstick in St-Germain which is an exact dupe for this lipstick. I swear it's the exact same color. If you want a matte lip, go with Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge. Now you're look is done and you're ready to go out and rock!




Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Cobalt
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Naval
MAC Eyeshadow in Seedy Pearl
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack

Brows

Benefit Brow Zings in Light






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless






Lips:

MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl (LE)
Exact Dupe: MAC Lipstick in St-Germain
For a Matte Lip: Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge









Products Used:


MAC Eyeshadows are 14.50$CAD each:
MAC Eyeshadow in Seedy Pearl
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Cobalt
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Naval


MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack - mini shown, fullsize is 19$CAD

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph - 26$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl (LE) - 18$CAD

Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge - 24$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Seedy Pearl
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Cobalt
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Naval
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit High Beam
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl (LE)
Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge












Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed today's post! I find that MAC's Pro Eyeshadow line has a lot of vibrant colors, and I just love it. It's a whole lot of fun doing these looks. While they might not be practical for everyday wear, they certainly are awesome if you're going somewhere or if you just want to have fun. I know I used similar products as the last post, but I did try to change it up a bit. And honestly, MAC Raspberry Swirl and MAC St-Germain lipsticks are exactly the same. I was going to buy St-Germain but then I thought of swatching them since I had Raspberry Swirl on me and it was the same exact thing! Even the MUA said that it was exactly the same. And when I swatched Raspberry Swirl against Illamasqua's Plunge, they were very very close. They have different finishes so it obviously won't be an exact match, but they do come darn close, which you can see in my swatches.

I don't know why but my camera was being weird so my side shots all ended up blurry :( Sorry! I'll fix this next time. 

So how did you find the look? Did you prefer this one or the last one I did with the green shadows (Kelly and Bottle Green)? What is your favorite MAC Pro Shadow? And what do you think of Illamasqua? Tell me what your favorite product is by them. And did you like the blush and lipstick I bought from them? I think they're beautiful! And one last thing, what do you think of my new hairstyle? Sexy or what??

Here's the other post: Bright and Colorful Matte Makeup using MAC Pro and Illamasqua

And if you want to see the rest of my MAC Pro Eyeshadow and Illamasqua Haul: Shopping Haul #4 - MAC PRO and Illamasqua

Steph xo.



3 comments:

  1. you are aware that you have mac makeup makes no difference? your makeup is horrible, horrible, horrible.

    ReplyDelete