Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Empties and Extras #2

Hello dolls!!

Here's another edition of Empties & Extras. I have to say that I have a ton of skincare extras because I use skincare products like the apocalypse is tomorrow. As a teenager, I never really suffered from acne. The most I got was an occasional pimple, sometimes twice at one time. But now in my early twenties, my pimples are bad. I know it's not the worst case of acne out there, but it's the worst it's been for me. So I use skin products like they're going to be discontinued soon. So a lot of empties are skincare products. The rest, obviousy, are makeup. I was getting a little tired and fed up at the amount of containers I'm hoarding so I'm doing this post. For future posts I might wait until I have more makeup empties so that it's more interesting. Let me know if you found this post boring and want more makeup empties. The only reason I initially included skincare and other empties was because I didn't think I'd have enough empties to do a post more often than every 6 months.

As for the Extras part.... well, there aren't really any. Well there's nothing new, to be precise. So I'll leave a link at the bottom to the previous Empties and Extras post so you can see all my extras. I honestly haven't bought anything or received anything that is an extra to what I already have. An Extra, to me, is a product that I have a double or triple or whatever that I'm storing until the opened one is empty. I also count samples as Extras too.



I was going to do the Fashion look from the Too Faced Natural Eye palette but I was tired and fell asleep and woke up with smudged makeup haha! So I'll do it soon for you guys. Sucks cuz I really tried to use products that I don't normally use, and it looked great. The day before that, I went out for supper with my bffl Lisa. Again, no pictures, but we looked hot in our dresses! We went to Deville Dinnerbar, and I gotta hand it to them, the drinks and food was pretty good! They make a pretty good spin off of the classic Long Island Iced Tea. I tried a bellini for the first time in my life, and I didn't like it. I almost wanted to steal my friend's drink because she had ordered the Long Island Iced Tea because she liked mine so much. Her first drink was the Litchee Martini, exact name I don't remember. We had a great time and exchanged birthday gifts. Our birthdays were a while ago, mine in April and hers in May, but we were busy and hadn't been able to see each other. I got her the Nails Inc Bling It On Rebel nail set, which you can see here. She got me the David's Tea Summer Tea Set and ahhh I'm so happy. My favorite teas are dessert teas and fruity teas so I definitely loved the set. Plus I had wanted some more Tropicalia and I can't wait to try the other teas. Yum!

So let's get onto my makeup empties!


Empties

from the Body Shop:


Coconut Body Scrub - 1 x 300mL container and 1 x 200mL container




Coconut Body Butter (1)




Tea Tree Face Mask (1)




Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion (1)




Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash (1)




Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion (2)




Vitamin E Moisture Serum (1)




Seaweed Pore Perfector (1)




I know, I go through skincare products like the apocalypse is coming tomorrow and I have to have a perfect face so that I might find the perfect man to protect me from an incoming horde of zombies. I really, really, really like my skincare products. Ever since my face started going haywire and producing more pimples than it did when I was a teenager, I've been trying to fix this problem. So far, the pimples always seem to win. But this regimen is helping a lot and I get less pimples, they're less noticeable, and my skin is better. I highly recommend these products, they work for me, and I hope they work for you too. I've repurchased all of these products. Every single last one. And I use them daily. So yes, I strongly recommend these products and I will be repurchasing them unless something way better comes along. The only one I'm not currently using is the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion because the lady working at The Body Shop recommended the Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion instead. She said it would help my cheeks and not be as drying as the Tea Tree. So I'm giving it a try.


other stuff:


Clean and Clear Acne Wash (1)




Softlips in French Vanilla (1)




I use Clean and Clear Acne Wash for two purposes: the first is actually what it's made for, as an acne wash, and the second is to remove my makeup. I've been using this since I was a teenager, and I always go back to it. I've already repurchased this product and I do recommend it for both reasons. Now, for Softlips, it has got to be greatest lip chap/lip balm/ whatever you call it these days EVER! I use it all the time when my lips get chapped and I'm trying to get into the routine of putting it on at night before I go to bed. You can see how much it's been loved, the label has completely rubbed off. I've already repurchased this as well as another product from Softlips called "Nourish" (I think?) and I always keep one in my purse. I definitely recommend them.


and finally, from Sephora:


Benefit High Beam (1, mini)




Too Faced Primed and Poreless (1)




MUFE HD Foundation in 110 (1)




Oh Benefit High Beam, how I love thee! This is the greatest highlighter I've used, and I've tried quite a few. It's the perfect color for me and it's something I would DEF recommend to light to medium toned girls that want a nice highlight. I've repurchased this and I even have another mini. Love love love it. Too Faced Primed and Poreless is also another product that I love. I use this all the time to prime my face before foundation and it's really great. It makes your skin nice and smooth and my foundation goes on so easily, and I use less foundation because of it. This is the only face primer that I use and I will continue to repurchase this. I already have a new one that I'm using. I recommend this to someone that is looking for a good pore refining face primer. The last makeup empty is MUFE HD Foundation. I love this foundation. This is my second empty container since first buying this product last fall. The color matches perfectly to my skin and you can choose what kind of coverage you want, from medium to full. I like the way it feels on my skin and the way it goes on and blends into my skin. I knew right away that this was my holy grail foundation. I have repurchased this and I recommend this to everyone! They have a huge range of shades and I'm sure that you will find a good match to your skin color.



Extras

I really haven't bought or received any extras compared to what I already had. Obviously, I won't have the same amount, but I do store extras of the products I love, especially skincare because I use that stuff a lot. I don't want this to be repetitive so I'm not going through everything again, but if you want to see my old extras, then check out my first Empties & Extras #1 post.



I hope this was an interesting post as I am quite curious myself when it comes to seeing other people's most used products. I hope this helped people on their quest to find their own holy grail products that they will want to use up til it's empty!

Thanks for reading, as always, and I hope this was entertaining even though skincare practically took over! But don't worry, I'll be back to doing makeup looks tomorrow. I'm still working on doing that Dupe List for Too Faced Loves Sephora palette. Trust me, there are a lot. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment