Sunday, July 21, 2013

Really Bright and Colorful Matte Makeup using MAC Pro and Illamasqua

Hello glam dolls!!

Omigosh I'm still loving my new haircut. My hairdresser is amazing. I was going for a kind of 80's metal mixed with Joan Jett mixed with that emo cut but more feminine. It resembles a haircut that I used to have, which was also done by Jason. Since then, my hair has changed and is thinner than it used to be. Yikes! It was already thin to begin with! So we couldn't do as short layers nor a bang because of my crazy cow licks. I don't mind not having a bang because I can part my hair numerous ways. I can part it near the middle or I can part it on the side and have a swooping side bang. Honestly I can do my hair in so many different ways now. I'm going to do a post soon on how I style my hair and really showing off the new hair. I'll also have before and after pics. You'll get a glimpse of the hair today though. Please let me know what you think! I'm really loving it. I'm so happy I can actually do something with it now other than a bun! I do love buns though. All my pictures for this post are going to be cropped around my hair instead of my face so you can actually see the haircut. Hope you like it!



So moving on, today I'm doing a makeup look using the new MAC Pro and Illamasqua products I bought the other day. I have to say that I really like how the look turned out. I had never used these products before so I wasn't really sure how it would turn out. It's so bright and colorful, it's almost neon. Bright green eyes with a bright pink lip. Yum! I used 2 MAC Pro shades for the eyes, Kelly and Bottle Green and also Phloof! which isn't pro. You can only buy pro products at a pro store or online. And for Illamasqua I used almost all the products I bought, the lipstick and blush. I didn't use the lipgloss though I almost used it. I thought that by keeping the eyes and lips matte that they would stand out more. I'll show you a swatch of the lipgloss along with the rest of the stuff so you can see it.


Really Bright and Colorful Matte Makeup using MAC Pro and Illamasqua



So the first step is to apply eyeshadow primer, like Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Next take a medium shadow brush (Sephora PRO Medium Shadow Brush) and apply MAC Pro Kelly onto your lid and leave the outer lid empty. Then take a blending brush (MAC 217) and MAC Pro Bottle Green and apply it to your crease. You want to go in about 2/3 of your eye. Blend it outward and up to give it a lifting effect. Then take it down from the farthest point and bring it down to your outer lid. Usually I do a defined line but today I'm leaving it blended out. Now take MAC Phloof! with a different blending brush (Sephora PRO Crease Brush) and apply it as a highlight as well as blending out MAC Pro Bottle Green. I also like to bring Phloof! down toward my inner eyes. After that I like to go over Kelly and Bottle Green to get rid of any fallout and to intensify the color. I also like to go over Bottle Green and blend it into Phloof! I like to do my foundation and face routine before I line my bottom lid. So when you're ready, take Kelly with an angled liner brush (Sephora PRO Angled Liner Brush) and line the bottom lid with it. Leave the outer corner blank. I like to connect the top and bottom lids with Kelly in the inner corner. Next take Bottle Green with the same brush and line the outer corner of your lid. Blend it into the crease color. I also like to apply the shadow onto my waterline as I'm doing this. Take MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and tightline your top lid. Take a mascara, like MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack, and apply it to your top lashes. Bottom lashes are optional. The last step is to fill in your brows. I use Benefit Brow Zings. The eyes are done so let's move on to the rest of the face!



Prep your face by applying a face primer, like Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Conceal your undereye circles with a concealer like MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer using a concealer brush (Sephora PRO Concealer Brush). Then take your favorite full coverage foundation, like MUFE HD Foundation, and apply it using a stippling brush (Sephora PRO Stippling Brush) or the brush / method of your choice. Next, using your fingers, apply MAC Studio Finish Concealer onto problem areas, such as blemishes and redness, or wherever you need to cover something that your foundation hasn't. Next take your favorite loose setting powder, like MUFE HD Powder, and a kabuki brush (MUFE HD Kabuki Brush) and apply it to your face using dabbing motions, never wiping or you will wipe off your foundation and concealer! Next take a matte bronzer for contouring, like Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless, and contour your face by applying it to the perimeter of the face, suck in your cheeks as a guide to applying it under the cheek, on the temples, chin, neck, and down the sides of the nose using a contouring brush (I use a Sephora Collection Powder Brush and I pinch the bristles with my hand to make a line so it's easier to contour). Next take a blush brush (Too Faced Powder Pouf) and Illamasqua's Powder Blush in Nymph and apply it to the cheeks and blend it outward and into the bronzer. With a clean brush I like to buff it towards the nose so it diffuses any lines and looks more natural. Now take Benefit High Beam and apply it to the tops of your cheekbones, chin, and cupid's bow. Dab it in using your fingers. Never rub it in or you will rub off everything. The last step is to take Illamasqua's Lipstick in Plunge and apply it to your lips. It is a bit drying because it is a matte lipstick. If you want a bit of gloss you can apply Illamasqua's Sheer Lipgloss in Electrify. I'm leaving it matte though. I tried the lipgloss on top of the lipstick after I took the photos for the blog and it looks great with the lipgloss. It doesn't alter the color much and it gives you that glossy lip. It smells and tastes like Too Faced's Lip Injection Extreme. At least it doesn't burn my lips like that stuff did!! I will leave a swatch of the lipstick and lipgloss by themselves and also of the gloss on top of the lipstick so you can see. So that's the finished look and I hope you enjoyed!



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Kelly
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Bottle Green
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack

Brows

Benefit Brow Zings in Light






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless




Lips:

Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge
and you can put this lipgloss on if you want some shine:
Illamasqua Lipgloss in Electrify








Products Used:

MAC Eyeshadows are 14.50$CAD each as a palette refill
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Kelly
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Bottle Green

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack - 19$CAD

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph - 26$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge - 24$CAD

Illamasqua Lipgloss in Electrify - 22$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Kelly
MAC Pro Eyeshadow in Bottle Green
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit High Beam
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge
Illamasqua Lipgloss in Electrify
Illamasqua Lipstick in Plunge and Lipgloss in Electrify









Thanks for reading and I hope you liked today's post! I thought this bright look was loads of fun. It's bright and happy, which is great for summer. It's also different, so you'll stand out in a good way. It's also easy to do. I have to say that MAC's Pro Eyeshadows are nicely pigmented and go on the eye beautifully. Illamasqua's products were also a pleasure to put on. The blush was super pigmented that I barely needed to touch it to put loads of color on. The MAC Pro shadows are such beautiful unique shades that you can't find in their permanent collection. I really liked Kelly and Bottle Green, I thought they were such beautiful greens. I was also impressed with the color of Illamasqua's products.

I'd love to hear your opinion on a couple things. Which is your favorite MAC Pro Eyeshadow and why? And what are your favorite Illamasqua products? And fav blush, lipstick and lipgloss? I'm going to try more of their products as time goes on now that we've got an Illamasqua counter. And the last thing I'm dying to know is if you liked my new haircut!! Because I really really love it!

I'll be doing a post soon on my new haircut and it'll have a ton of pictures, various ways of styling the new 'do, and my favorite styling products. So it'll be a pretty interesting post all about hair!

Thanks for reading and if you haven't already, you can see my Shopping Haul #4 - MAC PRO and Illamasqua to see the rest of the stuff I bought.

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment