Sunday, July 7, 2013

More 10 Minute Makeup - Light, Summery, and Fast

Hello to all my glam girlies and guys!!

It was another hot day here in Montreal and I was not in the mood at all to do heavy makeup, so I thought I would make the 10 Minute Makeup post into a series or something. Whereas yesterday's look was very professional looking and very natural, today's is going to have some color!! Because it's not a summer makeup look without a bit of color.

I want to apologize again for the last post being posted super late. My camera batteries died on the 2nd to last shot and the whole next day was a bit busy with all this window business.




I also have a very important question for you. I am seriously thinking about getting into the whole youtube thing. For years I've thought about it but I was never in a good place to be able to do it and now I finally am. I want you, the readers, to tell me what the first video should be. Should it be a makeup tutorial? What kind of makeup? Nails? A random vlog? Leave your suggestions here in the comments, or over on my Facebook Page, Steph Stud Makeup. You can also follow me on twitter, @stephstudenny and use the hashtag #stephstudrequests to let me know what kind of tutorial or post you'd like to see as my first video. I really do appreciate thoughts and suggestions and I want to know what you want to see!!


More 10 Minute Makeup - Light, Summer, and Fast




The products I am using today are almost the same as yesterday's. I'm just a little bit happy with the new Chanel stuff I bought but I'll try to use other stuff next time haha. I'm using the same MAC Concealer and Too Faced Tinted BB Cream on my face. I like to wear something light and the BB cream has SPF 20. It feels great on my face, it is very sheer though so if you have redness or other problems, I would wear something with a bit more coverage. MAC Studio Finish Concealer is the best for covering redness, pimples, etc though I'm not using that today. I'm really loving the Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in 64 Pink Explosion, it's such a nice pink color and it looks beautiful on my skin. It's also dark enough that darker girls can pull this off too. I can't wait to try it with my usual foundation routine to see how nice it is on a flawless face. I'm also using the Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless bronzer to lightly contour the face again. I also didn't use any primer again, though I should have. When I do fast, I tend to skip on face primer, but not on eye primer.

Now onto the eyes. They are pink and blue! The list of products might seem long but it isn't. If you want the colors to pop and not crease, I recommend using a primer. You want to apply Pink Freeze onto the inner and middle part of your eyelid and into the crease and just a little bit past. You also apply it on the inner corner of the bottom lid. Then you apply Tilt to the outer part of the lid and up into the crease, past the pupil of your eye. You want the pink and blue to blend together when they meet. You also apply Tilt to the remaining part of your bottom lid. Then you take Seedy Pearl and apply it above your crease and basically anywhere where there is no eyeshadow. You also blend it into the pink and blue colors. Touch up the pink and blue eyeshadows as needed. If you really want your brow bones to pop, add a touch of Phloof! on the high points of your brow bone. Take a black eyeliner and do the top waterline only. This will make your lashes seem fuller. Don't forget about your eyebrows, fill them in lightly using a pencil. Lastly, put a couple coats of mascara on and you're done!

An alternative to the blue would be to use Aquadisiac or Steamy with the pink, Pink Freeze. I've done a look using pink and green using the same techniques shown here and it's beautiful. I used Tilt because I had never used it before and wanted to find a way to wear it. So if you don't like blue, you can always try with green, and of course, send me a picture of it!





Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Eyeshadow in Pink Freeze
MAC Eyeshadow in Tilt
MAC Eyeshadow in Seedy Pearl
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Brows

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium






Face:


MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
Too Faced Tinted BB Cream in Snow Glow
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder
Chanel Joues Contraste in 64 Pink Explosion
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless





Lips:

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 68 Candeur







Products Used:


MAC Eyeshadows (18$CAD each) in:
Pink Freeze
Tilt
Seedy Pearl
Phloof!

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

Benefit They're Real! Mascara - 12$CAD for the mini, 29$CAD for the fullsize

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium - 25$CAD

Too Faced Tinted BB Cream in Snow Glow - 42$CAD

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in 64 Pink Explosion

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in 64 Pink Explosion - 48$CAD

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 68 Candeur - 39$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Pink Freeze
MAC Eyeshadow in Tilt
MAC Eyeshadow in Seedy Pearl
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in 64 Pink Explosion
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 68 Candeur








I hope you enjoyed this look and thank you for reading and thanks again for your support. I'd love it if you sent it your versions of this look, or your perfect summer makeup look. How do you survive the heat without your makeup melting away? I think that the lighter you go, the better your look will be, especially in case of accidental smudging or creasing. If you're going swimming or out to the beach, make sure you wear a waterproof mascara and even waterproof makeup if you have.

Just a quick reminder to please let me know what you think I should do for my first video. Do you want a makeup tutorial? A vlog? A nail tutorial? A haul? A best of? Suggest anything! You can "Like" my Facebook Page, Steph Stud Makeup and write to me there. You can also follow me on twitter, @stephstudenny and use the hashtag #stephstudrequests so I can find your suggestions more easily. And of course, you can leave me a comment on this blog.

My next post will be my 2nd Shopping List post where I show you what new products are coming out that I wish I had! It isn't a normal shopping list where you buy all the items, it's more of a wishlist. The last one I did was a long time ago and I didn't realize how much new stuff has made the list. I also explain why I want a certain item. It isn't strictly makeup, there are a couple nail products I want. I hope you enjoy it.

Steph xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment