Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Losing my Eyebrow Virginity: Goodbye Hair, Hello Eyebrow Haul!

Hello my glam babies!!

[I wrote this up a long long time ago (middle/end of June) and I'm finally getting around to posting it. So dates are inaccurate, sorry!]

So if you're a long time reader, then you already know about my eyebrows. Hell, you've already seen them. They needed help. Desperate help. Never in my life have I had my eyebrows professionally "done" before. Not in any way, method, whatever. The most I did was pluck the middle and occasionally pluck the really stray hair. I was always afraid that if I started doing it, I would tweeze til there was nothing left. Come on girls, we've all heard the horror stories.

I was supposed to go on Tuesday, like I mentioned before, but we ended up going today, Wednesday.

The Sephora store where I live, the St Catherine street store in Montreal, is celebrating their 1st anniversary and all month long they are having events by different brands. For the rest of this week and all of next, Benefit is having their famous Brow Bar set up inside Sephora. You do have to pay to get your brows done, which kind of sucks because you don't get a voucher, like say you get your brows done free but you have to spend 50$ on products. I was kind of expecting that, or it being a 500 Point Perk or something like that. Nah, you had to buy your sexy brows and your products. I'm not sure what it normally costs elsewhere to get eyebrows done, but I think it was around 30 to get my eyebrows and lip waxed. Which I didn't mind because the guy that did my brows did an AMAZING job.

So if you don't already know, when you go for the first time to get your brows done, they mark on your brows what they are supposed to look like, like where they start, arch, and end. Then it's waxing time. This was also the first time I got anything waxed. I prefer to shave. I thought it would hurt but it actually wasn't bad at all. The only part that hurt more was under the brow close to the eye and the lip. And yes, I got my peach fuzz off too. I honestly didn't think I had bad lip hair until I saw what it looked like after. It made a big difference. Back to the brows, I love them. They're shaped nice, both brows look nice, they have that nice arch. The guy that did it, I think his name was Jerrod (I'm soooo bad with names, ugh!) from San Francisco, was amazing. He was really nice and fun and a brow pro. We talked my mom into getting her eyebrows done too. And honestly, hers needed some help too. She got a brow tint and wax. Her eyebrows are really light, not gray or anything, just really light and it made them look sparse. But with the tint and the shaping, they are looking good. The girls waiting for their turn even told us they loved our brows. I'm really happy with how my brows and lip turned out.

Ohh and what they did actually give us was a cute little round, circular, makeup bag. Though it wasn't free, you did have to buy a certain amount worth of products from Sephora, not sure how much cuz we ended up getting quite a bit, so we each got a bag. I don't know about where you all live, but here, they've been very stingy on the samples lately. They used to give out samples like the world was ending tomorrow. Now, you're lucky if you even get one. Well, we got 2 Algenist cream things and a mini Clinique mascara. Not bad I guess. I'll add the Clinique mascara to my collection of sample Clinique mascaras lol and my mom really likes Algenist so I told her she could have both of my samples.

So here is a before and after of the brows!!

Before

A long time after, because I have no pictures without eyebrow makeup
I'm also not wearing any makeup

The next day after getting my brows done, with eyebrow makeup

I can honestly see somebody making a silly gif out of these pictures. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of my eyebrows right after I got them done, but all the pictures I have are with makeup. They are starting to grow out in a few places now, but you can still see what a dramatic change my eyebrows have gone through. They look fantastic now! I am so so so happy with the amazing job that the wonderful guy from Benefit did. I really encourage you girls to go to their Brow Bar and get your brows done. So I bet you want to know how I keep my brows looking sexy? Read on to see all the products I bought.



So what did we buy?

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD




Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium - 25$CAD



Benefit High Brow - 26$CAD



Benefit Gettin' Cheeky! - 20$CAD



MAC Eyeshadow in Tilt - 14$CAD



MAC Eyeshadow in Beauty Marked - 14$CAD




The next day

Ughh the area around my eyebrows is starting to break out like mad. I knew this would happen. Whenever I used to pluck the middle part, I used to always get a big fat pimple right smack in the middle. I put on all my creams so hopefully my eyebrows will look killer hot still when I wake up.


Thanks for reading and if you've had an experience at the Benefit Brow Bar, both good and bad, do tell! :)  Same goes for anywhere else, I want to know all your brow shaping stories! And I'd love to know what products you girlies use to fill in your eyebrows so please leave me a comment.

Steph xo.





No comments:

Post a Comment