Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 1 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals

Hey glam babes!!

So today is the first part of my Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow palette and the Foiled Eyeliners set. Every day of the week for the next week I will be doing a look from the eyeshadow palette. There are 7 columns so there will be 7 different looks. I'll write an in-depth review at the end, I haven't used this palette in a while so I need to jog my memory as to how I thought specific shades were so I can give a good review. But on the whole, I loved this palette.




When you think of a Sephora Collection product, you mostly think lower quality. You think less pigmentation, low color payoff, etc. I own Sephora Collection products and my experience with those products has been what I mentioned above. They're not that great, but that doesn't mean I'm dissing them. I like their products because you get a lot for your money and it allows me to experiment and play with shades that I wouldn't spend 20$ on buying single shades. I just wouldn't wear their products on a fancy night out. To run errands, on the other hand, sure. I've also worn plenty of their stuff to school. The first big palette I had was the Sephora Collection 5-in-1 (I forget the exact name) and I used it for occasions like Halloween. I loved it.

The Sephora + Pantone Universe collection products are nothing like their Sephora Collection counterparts. I was skeptical at first when my mom had bought this for me for Christmas. I said I would try it before returning it, because I already had a lot of Sephora Collection mega palettes and didn't really need anymore. But seriously guys, this palette is made with the love and care of a higher end palette. It is nothing like their regular line. You barely need to swipe your brush on the shadow, you pick up a ton of color and it goes on well and it stays on. I've used my palette quite a few times and if you look at my palette, it looks almost new. This palette will last you a long long time. If I would have know how great this product was, I would have bought their first palette, the one with the green cover with all the bright colors.




So before I get started, I just want to explain how this will work for the next week. I will show you pictures of the whole palette and a picture of the back, which has the names of all the shades. I will also show pictures of the specific column that the day's post is focused on, and that is both pictures of the eyeshadows and the names of colors so you can follow what I'm saying. I will also have swatches of the entire column as well as swatches of colors used in the look. So I won't be showing all the swatches at once, it'll be daily, and I will compile them into the fuller review that I will do at the end of the week. The columns I choose are not random, every day I will explain why I picked a certain color for that day. I will also use the Foiled Eyeliner set as much as I can to enhance the look.

I know I'm doing this differently that I would normally do, I'm just experimenting with different formats and stuff. Let me know if you like this method or if you would want these 7 looks more spread out through time. If I have time, I might do other looks in addition to these.


Day 1 Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals: Rosey Pink




So for today's look I picked the Rosey Pink column. It's Sunday, the relaxation day, so I wanted to do very natural, easy-going makeup. Nothing too over the top, that'll be for Friday and Saturday. I'm also not a very big fan of pink/rose makeup, so I wanted to get that out of the way. Pink eyeshadow just doesn't look good on me. It's not my color.

For this look, I used the Sephora + Pantone Universe eyeshadows in Silver Peony, Dusty Pink and Muted Clay. I used the Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner Set in Rose Dawn. I also used a few other products, such as the Stila Positively Pink Blush and Lipglaze in Maraca (LE). I used the Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless bronzer to contour and add depth to the face.

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette (LE)

  • Silver Peony: apply to entire eye area, from lash to brow
  • Dusty Pink: apply to the lid
  • Muted Clay: apply to the crease and outer V
Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner Set in Rose Dawn (LE) (line upper and lower lashes)
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash in Black






Face:


Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Stila Positively Pink Blush
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless





Lips:

Stila Lipglaze in Maraca (LE)







Products Used:


Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette (LE)

Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette
Day 1 Rosey Pink Look: second column from the right

Sephora + Pantone Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette



Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner Set (LE)

Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner in Rose Dawn (LE)

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash in Black - mini shown, fullsize is 19$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Stila Positively Pink Blush (LE) - 8$US

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD
Stila Lipglaze in Maraca (LE)

From left to right:
Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadows in Silver Peony, Dusty Pink, Muted Clay
Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeliner in Rose Dawn
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Benefit High Beam
Stila Positively Pink Blush
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Stila Lipglaze in Maraca





From left to right:
Silver Peony
Pale Mauve
Dusty Pink
Muted Clay
Rose Brown









Thank you to everyone that reads my blog. A big thank you. I hope you liked my post today, it's something a little different, but hopefully it'll be fun for you. Even though the products are old, you can always substitute the colors, these posts are to give you ideas, you don't have to use every single product mentioned. For all the next posts, I will do the exact same format. I'll have the columns showing the shadows and names so you can better understand what I'm saying and I will have swatches of both the column and the look I did.

Did you like the Pink Rose look? While it's not the most flattering look on me, it is a nice look for a relaxing Sunday at home. It looks totally casual but still cute. So tell me, did you like the Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Eyeshadow Palette? And did you like their Foiled Eyeliners? What is your favorite column of color? And what is your favorite shade from the Pinky/Rosey column? I have to say that Rose Brown looks really pretty. You can also leave me your thoughts on the other products used in this look. I'm sorry if this post was a little long.


Steph xo.

P.S. A clue for tomorrow's look: You bake with this particular sugar.

You can leave your guess in the comments and I might tell you if you're right :P









No comments:

Post a Comment