Sunday, June 23, 2013

Purple Smokey MAC Look

Hey glam gals!!

I know I haven't done any posts in a few days and I'm really sorry!! I've been busy. I've prepared my Day 5 of Sephora + Pantone Precious Metals Look but I haven't done Day 4 yet so I'm going to wait til I do Day 4 before I post Day 5 up. If that made any sense. Then I'll just have Days 6 and 7 left to do. I wasn't in the mood to do a Sephora + Pantone Universe look today so I'm doing a MAC one instead. My mom bought me a couple shades last week, the same day I started doing the Sephora + Pantone Universe collection. I've been waiting all this time to try out a look. Plus I get tired of things really easily so it was hard for me to keep up that week all in a row. I'll get around to finishing it, I promise.



So Too Faced released their Fall 2013 collection a couple days ago, Pretty Rebel. As I've already said, I'm not a big fan of the eyeshadow palette just because I feel like I already have most of the colors in it. I wouldn't mind trying one of the new Lip Injection Lip Bomb pencils. I'm waiting for my Sephora to get their new collection in. MAC also released their Veluxe Pearl Fusion Eyeshadows (did I get that right?) last Thursday. I haven't had time to go check them out and pick one up yet, but hopefully soon. Like this week. I'm thinking about getting the smokey one, but I want to see them all and swatch them first. Maybe I'll like another one more?

Sooo if you don't know, I got my eyebrows done at the Benefit Brow Bar this past Wednesday!! The Sephora store in my city was having their 1st Year Anniversary event (I know, 1 year, can you believe that?) and Benefit came over to do brows. And holy crap, I love love love love love my new eyebrows. They look amazing. Thank you Jerod (sp?)!! He did an amazing job. If you don't know, their method is waxing. It was the first time I ever got my eyebrows done so they had to mark what shape it was going to have, then it was wax time, and then plucking the odd stray hairs. I also got my lip done too lol. Surprisingly, I actually notice a difference now when I look into the mirror. I don't want to talk too much about this because I'm preparing a post on my eyebrow experience. That should be up real soon. I'll put before and after pictures as well, but if you want to see the new brows now, take a look at the pics from today's makeup look. I'm also showing a couple products I used today for my brows, and I'll show you all the stuff I bought in my eyebrow post.



Honestly, I have a ton of things on my to-do list for this blog. I've just been super busy, we're getting new windows in my house so I'm cleaning my room so everything doesn't get covered in dust. I saw World War Z with Brad Pitt with my family tonight and it actually wasn't bad. I know it got a lot of negative / mixed reviews but I personally enjoyed it. I love zombie films. Horror films too. I think they're fun. I think I might have mentioned this or planned on mentioning this in a post that isn't yet published, so if I repeat myself, I'm sorry. Chapters / Indigo (Canadian version of Barnes and Noble) has a special online only deal where you can buy a set of 2 books, The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z for 20$CAD instead of the regular price of around 49$CAD. Shipping is 5$ or it's free shipping if you buy 25$+. They also have each book for 10$CAD. I thought this was a killer deal so I bought the set and it got here in 2 days!! I've read the Zombie Survival Guide before, so I started with that just to refresh my memory and because I thought it was hilarious. I'm about halfway through and I'll be reading World War Z next. I'm just mentioning this deal because I'm a big fan of zombie stuff and I'd be happy to read about a deal I didn't know about, especially if it's something I was going to buy eventually, so that's why I'm spreading the word.


Purple Smokey MAC Look



This is actually the first time I'm using these 3 eyeshadow shades. I like the way this look turned out but I will definitely improve this someday and now that I have an idea of the shades and how they work with these colors, I'll do more looks with them. I was really excited to get both Beauty Marked and Shadowy Lady (both MAC). Beauty Marked didn't go on like it looks in the pan, which is definitely caused by me applying Pink Freeze all over the eye. It gives a different effect, which is really nice too. So next time I will try out Beauty Marked only on top of primer so I really get that nice color. I'll have to try it over the Blackground Paint Pot one day. I swatched it over Paint Pot and it was really nice! It had like a sparkly purple sheen to it. Shadowy Lady is a really nice darker purple. I think this would look really nice with Shale, definitely going to try that soon. In terms of other products in this look, I'm pretty much using the usual. I'm testing out Benefit's They're Real! mascara and wearing my really pretty Chanel lipstick. I used a couple Benefit products to fill in my brows, which is noted under Eyes. Enjoy the look!


Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Eyeshadow in Pink Freeze: apply to entire eye area, from lashes to brow
MAC Eyeshadow in Beauty Marked: apply to lid
MAC Eyeshadow in Shadowy Lady: apply to crease and outer V and outer lid
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack: apply to top and bottom lashes and bottom waterline
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved: apply to top waterline and wherever else needs some help
Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Brows

Benefit Brow Zings in Light
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium





Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for undereyes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard




Lips:

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait








Products Used:


MAC Eyeshadows (18$CAD each) in:
Pink Freeze
Beauty Marked
Shadowy Lady

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack - 19$CAD

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

Benefit They're Real! Mascara - 12$CAD for mini, 29$CAD for fullsize

Benefit Brow Zings in Light

Benefit Brow Zings in Light - 36$CAD
included:
brow wax (left)
light brown eyeshadow (right)
mini angled brush
mini blending brush
mini tweezers

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium (with spoolie on the end) - 25$CAD
Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba

Benefit Bella Bamba - 36$CAD

Too Faced Pink Leopard

Too Faced Pink Leopard - 38$CAD

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait - 37$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Pink Freeze
MAC Eyeshadow in Beauty Marked
MAC Eyeshadow in Shadowy Lady
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait










Thanks for reading and again I'm sorry it took so long for me to post! Please let me know what you thought of this look. What would you pair Beauty Marked with? Also, I'm curious as to what your top5-10 MAC eyeshadow shades are. Whether they're your most used, most interesting eye popping colors, I want to know. So leave it in the comments. Also, what do you think of the Chanel lipstick? A little expensive, yes, but pretty. But a lot of their stuff is in the same price range as NARS so it's not as bad as you might initially think. I think the look is great for a night out, it's maybe a tad too dark for day, but I would still wear it.



So I know I have a ton of posts to do, here are just a few I'm going to try to get done within the next week:

Finish the Sephora +Pantone Universe 7 Looks for 7 Days

Urban Decay Look using Hustle

More MAC looks, another look using Shadowy Lady, and another using Tilt, another using Steamy and Club, etc, you can request which one you want to see first or anything else you want to see

Too Faced Loves Sephora Dupe List

Eyebrows


Am I forgetting anything??

Again, thanks for reading and you can support me by joining my page.

Steph xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment