Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The "Daphne" Look from Too Faced Loves Sephora palette

Hey everyone!!

Before we get started on makeup, I have a special announcement to make! I've created a Facebook Page for my blog today, so you can keep up to date on Facebook and see if there's a new post up or not. It's a great way to keep yourself up-to-date with everything. The page is a little empty right now, but bear with me, I'll prettify it this week.

[EDIT: Just to be clear, you have to click the link, not the icon at the bottom of the post. I'm trying to figure out how to make a little icon for the Facebook Page but apparently I'm computer illiterate lol. If anyone knows how, please tell me! Thanks.]Oh, nevermind, I got something to work :)












Steph Stud Makeup Facebook Page

It would mean the world to me if you Liked my page!!




Lately my mom's been really nice and she's been buying me a lot of makeup. I got a couple more MAC Eyeshadows, so I'll be doing another MAC look soon. Here's a hint, it'll be olive green. She went to Sephora and picked up the Urban Decay 100 Point Perk for me. It's a 24/7 Eyeliner in Smoke, which is a dark matte grey. It's actually quite nice, though I'm not sure how I would use it in a look. I usually go full-blown black lol. I'll have to try a grey eyeshadow look sometime. It's a mini eyeliner, not fullsize. She also got me 2 of Philosophy's 3 in 1 shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo bottles. She got the big ones of Coconut Frosting and Vanilla Birthday Cake. I love love love those two scents and it's such a shame that they're not really supposed to even be selling Philosophy in Quebec because the labels aren't in french. That's one thing I really hate about this stupid province. 




Now, onto the makeup! I did another look from the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette today. I did the "Daphne" look, which is a really nice part neutral / part glamour and sparkle. Looking at the Glamour Guide, I wasn't so sure if the look would look good in real life after I had done the "Jen" look that I didn't really like (which contained 2 shades from today's look),  but this look looks great! I wasn't sure if the 3 shades would go well together, but they do. I followed the Glamour Guide for the most part, except I added blush. Because let's face it, pale white girls like me just won't look good wearing only bronzer.

I won't talk about the palette here, because I feel like I've spoken many times about it and it's getting repetitive, but you can read my review here and at the bottom of the page, I will link the other looks I've done from this palette. I'm also going to do a post about dupes and similar products for this palette, because now that I've been using it, I feel like I have colors that are exactly the same, extremely similar, and a couple that aren't the same, but are still nice to wear!




The "Daphne" looks has TF <3's The Cast (sparkly, glittery gold/silver weird but can be nice color) on the inner corners of the eyes, along the tear duct area, and under the bottom lid. Jen Jen (shimmer bronze color) is on the middle of the lids and 525 Market (dark purply brown shimmer color) is on the outer part of the eye, in the crease, outer V, and slightly lines the outer part of the lower lid. It's a pretty dramatic eye and I think the light sparkle color of TF <3's The Cast really opens up your eyes. I really do like this eye, I think it looks quite fabulous.

For the rest of the face, I wore Who's Your Poppy? blush from the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette and for the bronzer, I used Chocolate Soleil, which is also in the palette. For the lipstick, I used the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly, which I absolutely love. It's a neutral, nude color with a pink undertone, so it looks great on my skin because I'm porcelain with a pink undertone, so anything pink complements me wonderfully.


The "Daphne" Look from Too Faced Loves Sephora palette




Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Loves Sephora palette

  • TF <3's The Cast: apply to the inner corner of the eye, the tear duct, and the lower lash line
  • Jer Jer: apply to the middle of the lid
  • 525 Market: apply to the outer lid, outer V, and the outer lower lashline
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black: tightline upper lashes to make them appear fuller
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara





Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for undereyes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Too Faced Loves Sephora blush in Who's Your Poppy?
Too Faced Loves Sephora bronzer in Chocolate Soleil





Lips:

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly







Products Used:


Too Faced Loves Sephora palette

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette - 62$CAD

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette
Eyeshadows used:
TF <3's The Cast
Jer Jer
525 Market

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Too Faced Loves Sephora blush in Who's Your Poppy?
Too Faced Loves Sephora bronzer in Chocolate Soleil

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly - 25$CAD

From left to right:
Too Faced Loves Sephora eyeshadow in TF <3's The Cast
Too Faced Loves Sephora eyeshadow in Jer Jer
Too Faced Loves Sephora eyeshadow in 515 Market
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Too Faced Loves Sephora blush in Who's Your Poppy?
Too Faced Loves Sephora bronzer in Chocolate Soleil
Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly





And that's today's look! I hope you liked it. While the eyeshadow colours look  like they wouldn't go well together in the pan, on your eyes they look quite nice. I have to say that I am a fan of this look.

I'd love to know what your favorite look is from the Glamour Guide in the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette. What did you think of the "Daphne" look? What did you like most about it? Which  bronzer do you like better, Sun Bunny or Chocolate Soleil? And what did you think of the La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly?

Thanks for reading, and again, I'd really appreciate it if you could "Like" my Facebook Page!

And here's the review:

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette Review

And the other looks I've done so far:

The "Margarita"

The "Christie"

The "Stephanie"

The "Jen"

The "Artemis"

The "Alison"

My Look: Purple Smokey Eyes




Steph xo.

P.S. I'm planning some of my next looks and I wanted to know if you preferred looks from the Sephora Smokey Studio 2 or the Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals Shadow Palette. So please leave your vote in the comments section. I think I will do a week of whatever the winner is. Also, if you have any other suggestions or requests, please feel free to leave a comment.......    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment