Friday, June 7, 2013

Sexy Smokey Boudoir Eyes using Too Faced Boudoir Eyes

Hey glamour dolls!!

Today I'm doing a Sexy Smokey Boudoir Eye look using Too Faced's Boudoir Eyes palette. I saw this look on Maryam Maquillage's website and I really really loved what she did using this palette. I would have never thought to use 7 different eyeshadows for one look, and her look was so beautiful and perfect that I just had to try it myself and show you how you can do it too. I find when I use the Glamour Guides and I do the looks using the 3 eyeshadows in a row, I find a have a harder time thinking outside the box and figuring out how I can use a palette and mix all the eyeshadows together into a new look. Maryam's look is just sooo gorgeous and really inspires me to start thinking outside the box more. Especially with this palette, you're totally able to create a new look, whereas with the Smokey Eye palette, you're pretty much limited to your browns, blacks, and purples. It's harder to mix and match when the looks are so different. But with the Boudoir Eyes palette, the eyeshadows in all the looks can definitely be rearranged to form a new look.



So my look turned out to be its own thing. I find in Maryam's look, the colors are extremely well blended and I just don't have the patience for that sort of thing. It already took me quite a while to just do what I did. Not to mention you're using 7 eyeshadows. 7!! I decided to use the new Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer and test it out. I wore it with Benefit Bella Bamba because I usually wear this blush all the time, so it would help me determine how I liked the bronzer, and the differences and all that. And for a change, I opted for NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet.



So I want to note again that from now on, I am using the NEW Too Faced Pink Leopard Blushing Bronzer. So far, I noticed that it is a lot lighter than its predecessor. I would call it more of a brightening bronzer than blushing, the pink is not half as deep as the previous one. I find the new one reminds me of Snow Leopard. I do think I prefer the old one, but old habits do die hard. I'm going to test it out for a few more days and I'll eventually write a comparison between the two. I would very much like to know what your preference is, so be sure to leave a comment at the bottom. Old Pink Leopard or New Pink Leopard??

Sexy Smokey Boudoir Eyes using Too Faced Boudoir Eyes



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette

  • Sugar Walls: apply to the lid and slightly past the crease
  • Voulez-Vous: apply as a cut-crease, meaning slightly above your crease, and continue to your eyebrow, and make a V shape going down to your lower lash line
  • Fuzzy Handcuffs: blend above Voulez-Vous
  • In The Buff: highlight below the brow bone
  • French Tickler: smoke out the V
  • Satin Sheets: apply to the inner corners
  • Lap Dance: apply to the bottom waterline
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black: line your upper lashline and the upper and lower waterlines
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara




Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Creme in Snow Glow
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard




Lips:

NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet (pictured)
OR
Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal






Products Used:


Too Faced Boudoir Eyes

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes - 45$CAD

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Creme in Snow Glow

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba

Benefit Bella Bamba - 36$CAD

Too Faced Pink Leopard

Too Faced Pink Leopard - 38$CAD

NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet - 32$CAD

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes
In The Buff
Fuzzy Handcuffs
Voulez-Vous
Satin Sheets
Sugar Walls
Garter Belt
Birthday Suit
Lap Dance
French Tickler

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard
NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet



And that's it!! I did swatches for the entire palette, seeing as I'm using 7 out of 9 eyeshadows and I forgot to do it when I did one of my very first posts. So It's finally done. Let me know what you think about my take on Maryam Maquillage's Boudoir Eyes look!!



And of course, what did you think of the new Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer? Do you prefer the old one or the new one?? Let me know what you think of the look and if this is something you would wear on a night out. What did you think of Too Faced's Air-Buffed BB Creme? And finally, did you like the NARS Lipgloss?

Thanks for reading!

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment