Sunday, June 9, 2013

Empties & Extras #1

Hello Hello!!

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this post. It feels like I had to wait forever to empty enough containers to do this post. I wanted to have around 10 empties to show you. I also have a ton of Extras in my drawer to show you as well.

I'll show you the Empty Container and then I will tell you about the product, and finally if I would repurchase it or not.

For the extras, I will tell you why I stocked up on a particular item and why I liked it. If I didn't buy it, then how I came to have it. I'll tell you how it came to be in my drawer.

I have a lot of skincare empties, and I know I just did a post on all my skincare products, but here are my empties to prove it I guess haha. Just bear with me, you'll be glad you did when you see all the Extras I've got.

Since this is a little picture-heavy, I'll make the pics slightly smaller than usual.


Empties




#1 Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


I use this makeup remover everyday to get the last traces of mascara and eyeliner off my eyes and surrounding area. I would definitely repurchase this product!!! In fact, I already have.



#2 Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask


I use this once a week after my shower to help get rid of the impurities and redness on my skin. I would def repurchase this. I have extras of this.



#3 Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion


I use this nightly on my face after cleansing and toning. Normally I would repurchase, but now I'm trying out the Seaweed Lotion which should hopefully help my cheeks retain some moisture and be less dry.



#4 Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion


I love this stuff. It really helped to get rid of scars on my face and diminish redness. This is the one product out of everything I use that I would recommend before everything else. This was the first tea tree product I had every used and I loved it so much that now I use almost the entire line. I would repurchase this times a million, but I've repurchased one so far.



#5 MUFE HD Face Primer


I thought it was all right. Nothing special, I prefer Too Faced's Primed and Poreless. I wouldn't repurchase it but I would use it if someone gave it to me.



#6 Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Oscar Fish


I like the shimmery brown colour of Oscar Fish, but I didn't like the quality of the product. I would not repurchase this (I have an extra of this, I didn't know at the time that I wouldn't like it and I thought it was a good deal). I would use it sometimes if it was given to me, though I would not use it on a special occasion, because I know it won't last all day.



#7 MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved


This used to be my go to Eyeliner as a teen. I had even bought an extra of this a while back. Then I discovered Too Faced's Perfect Black and honestly I haven't been using my MAC pencils at all lol. I use them sometimes if I'm doing a look at home or not going anywhere important. If I am going somewhere important, I use my Perfect Black. I would not repurchase, only because I've found a better product in Too Faced's Perfect Black Eyeliner.



#8 NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer


I got this mini in Sephora's 500 Point Perk, which was a NARS set. It came with a mini eye primer, mini face primer, mini orgasm blush and mini velvet gloss lip pencil in new lover. The primer was okay, it smelled nice and it did it's job. I prefer Too Faced's Primed and Poreless so I wouldn't repurchase the NARS primer because I already have a favorite. If someone gave it to me though, I would use it. I just think the Too Faced primer is better.



#9 Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer


I'm so sad that this bronzer finally ran out. This is my holy grail bronzer. This is the last one I have from before Too Faced decided to revamp all their bronzers. Their new Pink Leopard bronzer looks way different than this one and they swatch different. I haven't used the new one yet even though I bought it months ago just because I love this one so much and I'm scared I might be disappointed. I would definitely repurchase the old Pink Leopard bronzer if they would start making it again. I hope I fall in love with the new, re-vamped version of it.





Extras




Benefit The Pretty Committee Set



This set includes a full size Bella Bamba blush, a full size Eye Bright, a full size Stay Don't Stray and a deluxe High Beam. This set is 42$CAD which is an awesome effing deal!!!! Bella Bamba alone costs 36$CAD. You get 3 fullsize items and a mini. This deal was such a steal I had to buy an extra set.



Benefit Watt's Up (mini)



I got this from the Birthday Set at Sephora that you get for free on your birthday if you're a Beauty Insider member. Already had a mini from a minis set I bought.



Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Waterproof Eyeliner Set



I really liked this palette. All the eyeliners are a nice shimmery color so when I saw this on sale for 15$CAD at Sephora I bought myself a second one.



Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner Set


When I originally bought this, I thought I liked it and it was a good deal. It was 42$CAD and I think it might still be available on Sephora's website. But then I tried Urban Decay and Too Faced's eyeliners and I was blown away. I keep these Stila eyeliners around because they're all shimmer and the colours are nice. I find that the eyeliner comes off in the inner corners of my eyes and gives me a hard time when I reapply in that spot. And the device doesn't allow you to turn it so as to put the eyeliner down, you can only twist it up. I wouldn't buy this again, sorry Stila.


Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara (2 minis)


I hate these mascaras. I've got 3 minis now and I don't know what to do with them. When they say waterproof, what they really mean is makeup remover proof. I couldn't get the damn stuff off. I ended up ripping eyelashes out. I never used it again and will never unless I know I'm going to cry my eyes out.


Stila Mini Lipglazes in Kitten, Splendor

Kitten

Splendor

I really like Stila's lipglazes. I have both of these already and I like them. I don't use them as often as I used to when I was younger but I still do wear them from time to time, along with all my other Stila lipglazes.




MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20



This concealer is amazing to cover up blemishes. I got a sample of this when I had literally scratched off a chunk of skin by my eyebrow in my sleep. I didn't even feel it or wake up, when I got up later I looked in the mirror and there was crusty blood all stuck in my eyebrow. All above it I had literally scratched off a CHUNK of skin. It looked like a burn but I knew it couldn't be. So I needed some heavy duty concealer to cover that up and this stuff was a miracle. When I'm done my sample, I'm attacking this fullsize baby.



MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack (2 minis)



This used to be my favorite mascara as a teenager, mainly because it was MAC. I've discovered some mascaras that I like more, but this one will always have its place as my most loved teen mascara. I still use it sometimes.



Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black



This eyeliner is perfect. There are no other words to describe it. Mattest black and it goes on in one smooth stroke and stays on all day, no problem. I love this eyeliner. I'd stock 100 of these if I could.



Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal



This lipgloss has become my favorite. It stole NARS's spot and NARS wants it back. Barely Legal is such a nice pink colour that I just had to stock up.



Too Faced Primed and Poreless



This is my favorite primer and I use it almost every day unless I'm trying out new products. It makes your skin feel smooth and preps it for foundation. You end up using less foundation and its so smooth on your skin that it doesn't even look like makeup.



Too Faced Pink Leopard



Most favorite bronzer ever! I was so mad when I found out that they had reformulated it. I thought it was the same bronzer but just in new packaging but when I got home and compared the two, I was sadly mistaken. I swatched the two and the colours are different and I'm pissed off. I just hope I like it cuz in the long run I'm going to need a good bronzer and I finally finished my old one.



Too Faced Shadow Insurance (mini)



I use Shadow Insurance almost everyday so a mini is always good to have, especially for travel. I got this in a set, I'm sure.



Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Whiskey



I bought the fullsize Whiskey eyeliner after having bought the Double-Ended 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero/Whiskey. Too Faced's Perfect Black takes the cake for best black eyeliner but when I tried UD's Whiskey, I fell in love. This is now my favorite brown eyeliner.



And now all my Skincare Extras!! I won't talk about them, because I already spoke about all these products in the My Skincare and Shower Routine post.


1. Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub


2. Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask (2)


3. Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion


4. Body Shop Seaweed Skin Clearing Lotion SPF 15






And that's it!! I hope you enjoyed taking a peak into my drawer and seeing all the empty containers I've been saving up for this post as well as all the extra items I've either bought or somehow ended up with. Hopefully this gives you a perspective on what products I use a lot, and even some I would call my favorites.

I encourage everyone to collect their empty containers (I usually wait until I've got at least 10) and write in the comments what your empties are. I would be interested to hear what all of you guys and girls use most!!

This post won't be monthly, because I just don't finish off that many containers. So whenever I reach about 10 containers I will do another post. I won't re-show all the extra stuff I have in my drawer, but I will show all the new stuff I've gotten since this post. I'll also leave a link to the previous Empties & Extras posts so you can see what's lingering in my drawer. If it changes significantly, I'll show the whole drawer, but I really don't think it will.

I look forward to doing another Empties & Extras post!!

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment