Monday, June 3, 2013

Nails Inc Bling It On - Rebel

Heyy glamour girls!!

Here's to another nail post!! It's pretty obvious that I'm not the type of girl to do my nails multiple times a week. Hell, I don't even do my nails once a month. I usually do it every 2 months, sometimes less, but when I see that my nails are getting damaged and super frail, I give them a break. By this time, they're usually all broken down to the pink anyway so they clearly need time to grow and strengthen. Even now, my nails aren't the longest.

I just want to note that there will be no makeup look today, I wanted to give my skin a little break, especially since I'm starting to break out cuz of this heat. But tomorrow I will do a Rocker Chic look inspired from my nails!!

I was so excited when I bought the Nails Inc Bling It On - Rebel. I had picked it up months ago and refrained from using it because I had gotten this as a gift for my friend. Her birthday was a month ago and we still haven't gotten together yet. I couldn't wait any longer, I just had to try it out. So I'm blocking her from viewing this post on facebook, hopefully she won't notice this post until after she gets her present :P

I'm not sure if this product is still available in Sephora stores, but it is definitely still available online on their site. The product's tag line is "leather, crystals, and skulls" and damn right it is!! It's rebel with a touch of glam. It comes with Nail Polish that has a Leather Effect, Nail Glue, 2 double-ended wooden sticks, one end is pointy like a tooth pick (cuticle pusher) and the other end has a diagonal slant (used to put the crystals and studs on the nail); 40 crystals, 10 studs and 4 skull embellishments. There are basically 4 types of nail jewels: round crystal, smaller round crystal, smaller black round crystal, and square stud.

The nail crystals and studs are really cute and give a glam rebel look. The skulls really make this look more rebel than not. The nail polish is matte black and has a texturized surface. It's hard for me to describe, so you'll have to check out the photos. The glue dries really fast so you have to work fast or you'll find your fingers stuck together.

I used a base coat (Rimmel Base Coat Top Coat Pro) and 2 coats of Nails Inc Nail Polish Leather Effect. I did not use a top coat because I wanted to preserve the look of the leather effect. I did this at night and I went to bed. The next afternoon, I put the crystals on. I wanted to make sure that the nail polish was completely dry because I knew I'd be putting pressure on the nail to make sure the crystals are stuck on properly. My technique to put the crystals on was as so: Put Glue on the slanted edge of the Cuticle Stick. Pick up Crystal or Stud using the slated edge of Cuticle Stick. Take a pair of tweezers and pick up the Crystal or Stud and place it carefully onto Nail. Apply pressure for a few seconds. Continue on to next nail. I applied the crystals and studs at the bottom of my nail, near the cuticle, instead of the top because I did not want them to come off if I so much as touched something. By being at the bottom, they have less chance of falling off. For the Skulls, I applied a tiny dot of glue onto the middle of my nail and another dot of glue onto the back of the skull. I used tweezers and my fingers to pick it up and place it on my thumb. I applied pressure for 60 seconds. If you remove your finger and the skull is still moving around, keep applying pressure until it does not move. Your fingers might be stuck but it will not lift the skull off as long as it is completely dry.

Here are some product photos as well as photos of my nails:
(I didn't think of taking pictures of the product before I blinged out my nails, sorry!)
Please ignore all the glue and nail polish that is still stuck on my fingers.


Rimmel Base Coat Top Coat Pro - approx. 5-6$CAD


Nails Inc Bling It On: Rebel - 30$CAD

Nails Inc Bling It On: Rebel - 30$CAD

Nails Inc Bling It On: Rebel

Inside the box

This is everything you get plus a sheet of plastic the same size as the two squares holding the products

These are the skulls, crystals, and studs
I already lost a skull :(









Do you like this look? Is this a product that you would use on your own nails? Which of my nails is your favorite? If you've used this product, what do you think about it? How long did your nails last and were you able to save some of the crystals? Are there any other Bling It On nail kits that you like? I think the Emerald Kit looks quite nice.

So that's it for today, tomorrow I'll be doing a Rocker Chic makeup look to go with my nails!! I do hope you've enjoyed today's nail post.

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment