Thursday, June 13, 2013

Olive Green Smokey Eyes using MAC and Stila plus Sephora and Disney Ariel, and MAC Sneak Peak

Hey glamour dolls!!

So I want to let you guys know that I've made a Facebook Page for myself and the blog. There will be a little box at the bottom of the page that you can click on and Like. It's not the same thing as the tiny Like box next to the twitter and google+ icons. It's the bigger box that's in the post. Or you can CLICK HERE. Thank you!

Today I was kind of torn between what kind of eyes I wanted to do. I settled on doing a nice olive green smokey eye look using the new MAC eyeshadows that my mom recently got me. For the blush and liploss, I'm using Stila's Positively Pink Set, which is their breast cancer awareness set. It is still available on Stila's website, so if you live in the USA, you can get this duo for 9$US which is a steal. If you live in Canada like me, there are certain sites that sell older makeup. My mom bought the Stila stuff, so I don't know what website she used, but trust me, there are plenty out there with old makeup crazily discounted.



Now before I really get into the makeup, have you all seen the new Sephora and Disney Princess collection? They're doing Ariel, the little mermaid!! The eyeshadow palette looks quite nice, there are a lot of greens and blues obviously, but I think I like this collection the most. This is the last collection from Sephora and Disney's partnership. I thought that Jasmine would be the best on darker women, it definetely would not have looked nice on me. I found Cinderella to be okay, but not my style. It didn't stand out to me. While I do like Ariel's palette more, I don't think this will be something I'll be buying.






And have you seen the new MAC Veluxe Pearl Fusion Shadow for Summer 2013? Obviously, I want the black smokey one!! But I actually like the look of all of them. I think the only one I wouldn't personally buy is the pastel one. I can't wait for these to come out, I am definitely going to try all of them out at the store. Looks like we've got blue, purple, brown, black, and pastel. I think this is a pretty cool idea. Now, when is the release date? I definitely need to be at my local MAC store before these all sell out!







Now, back to my makeup look of the day. I'm pretty excited about the MAC release and I also want to see the Ariel one too. I guess I brought out my inner mermaid by wearing green? Haha I don't think olive green would count though. I'm using Phloof!, Swimming, and Greensmoke on my eyes with a Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eye Liner in Moray, which is your typical olive green color. I lined my waterlines with MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and for mascara, I used MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack as per usual. I decided to change up my face routine a bit. I'm still using Benefit High Beam, but for the cheeks I used the Stila Positively Pink Blush and the Stila Lipglaze in Splendor that came with it. The blush is a very light pink and I'm really liking it. Splendor is a limited edition lipglaze that also came in the Winter 2012 Lipglaze set. Splendor is a darker color than the blush, but is also a lovely pink. For the bronzer, I used Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless, which a matte bronzer that is lighter in color than their other bronzers.

Olive Green Smokey Eyes using MAC and Stila



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Eyeshadow in Swimming
MAC Eyeshadow in Greensmoke
Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eye Liner in Moray
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack






Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Stila Positively Pink Blush
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless




Lips:

Stila Lipglaze in Splendor







Products Used:

MAC Eyeshadows (18$CAD each) in:
Phloof!
Swimming
Greensmoke

Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eye Liner in Moray (limited edition, from the Christmas 2012 Eyeliner Set 42$CAD)

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack - mini shown, fullsize is 19$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Stila Positively Pink Set - 9$US
Blush in Positively Pink
Lipglaze in Splendor

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD

From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
MAC Eyeshadow in Swimming
MAC Eyeshadow in Greensmoke
Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eye Liner in Moray
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
Benefit High Beam
Stila Positively Pink Blush
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless
Stila Lipglaze in Splendor






So that's my Olive Green Smokey Eyes look! I hope you liked this look. This is how I would do Olive Green. When I first did an Olive Green look, I didn't think it would look any good on me, but it does! Though it's still not anywhere near being my favorite color. Black and green are my favorite colors, but it would be a green like MAC Steamy. I hope you also liked the news I've given you. I'm pretty excited for these releases, especially the MAC one. So let me know which item or collection you're excited for and which product you're looking forward to buying or trying out!



When it comes to my look, did you like? And what did you like or not like about it? Please let me know what products you loved and which ones you didn't. Did you like the MAC eyeshadows? Did you like the Stila Smudgestick in Moray? Did you like the Stila blush and lipglaze? And did you like the Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless bronzer? Feel free to leave a comment on anything.

Steph xo.


P.S. New posts coming up:

I'm working on a couple things, so you'll see some dupes and similar products for the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette.

I'm thinking of doing a week of Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Eyeshadow Palette looks. That's the palette with the bronze lid that's in the shape of an Ipad lol. I know it's a little old, but I like the palette and I haven't used it in a while so... hence the week of it. A look for each column :) I also have the eyeliner set that compliments it.

I also want to do some looks using the Sephora Smokey Studio 2. So if you have a particular trio from that palette that you want to see a look made around, let me know.

You're also going to see that Stila Christmas 2012 palette, the one that looks like a star.

And new nails should be coming soon, I got annoyed of the Nails Inc Bling It On: Rebel because all the jewels would get caught on my hair. And it was a biotch to get the glue off. I still have nail polish and glue on my thumbs. Gonna have to soak my thumbs in acetone for a while again. Really pretty nails, but a pain to get off. Lesson for next time, use less glue!!

And if you have any suggestions or whatever, let me know.

Oh, and don't forget to Like the big box!! It's my new Facebook Page that will keep you updated on new posts and other stuff. And it would mean a lot to me   :)










No comments:

Post a Comment