Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bright and Bold Fashion Look using Urban Decay and Stila

Hello ladies!!

Today I felt like doing something crazy and bold and I took it all the way to max. I did bold eyes, bold cheeks, and bold lips. You don't have to take this look to the max like I did, do the bold eyes and do a less bold cheek and lip. I really liked the eyes and a lot of different companies provide the same colors, or very similar colors. I used a limited edition Urban Decay palette that I bought at Sephora on boxing day for 12$CAD. The value of this palette was 45$CAD according to the girl at the cash. So I got an awesome deal! Even though this particular palette was limited edition, you can still buy all the colors that were in this palette separately. I know that Too Faced has their new Too Faced loves Sephora 15th anniversary palette and they have a similar green and purple eyeshadow. I'm sure MAC also has colors similar to this, I keep thinking back to Aquadisiac because I love that color.



Swatches of this look will be at the bottom.

This look might look bold but it is actually very easy to do.

I wanted to try out the new Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea but I think I'm too light skinned to be able to pull it off as a cheek color. I can use it as a lip color though. I thought the color looked fabulous when I saw it but I find that it is too much for my light skin. Do let me know what you think.

I also tried out quite a few Benefit products. I had a sample of their face primer, the Porefessional, but I found there wasn't enough in the tiny sample to really do your whole face well. Despite that, I think it is a pretty good primer. I used their Stay Don't Stray eye primer underneath my eyes as a primer for my concealer. I liked it as well. I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion for my eyes to prep them for the eyeshadow. I also used Benefit's They're Real mascara and I found it to be good too. I got this mascara from Sephora for my birthday gift. It is a mini and you also get a mini of Watt's Up, which is a champagne color highlighter. You can always let me know what you think of this mascara on me compared to when I use Too Faced's Lashgasm. And of course I used High Beam, who wouldn't highlight when doing a bold look like this?

Bright and Bold Fashion Look using Urban Decay and Stila:



Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion (on eyelids)
Benefit Stay Don't Stray (under the eyes)
Urban Decay Palette (Christmas 2012 Boxing Day special at Sephora)
  • Uzi: apply between crease and brow (beware the sparkles, they get everywhere)
  • Shattered: apply to lid
  • Asphyxia: apply to bottom lash line
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade (line upper lashes to make the green more intense)
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved (line upper waterline)
Benefit They're Real Mascara



Face:

Benefit The Porefessional Face Primer
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for undereyes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea
Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer



Lips:

Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea




Products Used:

Urban Decay Limited Edition Palette - 12$CAD

Urban Decay - middle row was used for this look

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved - 19$CAD

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade - 19$CAD

Benefit They're Real Mascara (12$CAD for the mini, 29$CAD for the fullsize)

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea - 33$CAD

Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea

Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer - 38$CAD

From left to right:
Urban Decay eyeshadows in: Uzi, Shattered, Asphyxia
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade
Benefit High Beam
Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea
Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer


I hope you liked this look! I wanted to do something more fun and out there today so I chose this look. Let me know what you think about it. I did this look just for this blog, so I took the pictured immediately after doing my makeup, for once. Just for you to keep in mind. What do you think of Benefits two primers? Do you think they made a difference on me compared to what I usually use? And what did you think of their mascara? What do you think of Stila's Sweet Pea? Was it too much for my fair skin? Did you enjoy the makeup look and do you want to see more fun looks? Did you like the MAC eyeliner in So There Jade? I love that color.



So let me know what you think of this look. Also, if you have any makeup requests, I'd like to hear it. I'm always looking for something cool to try out.

I'm working on a Makeup Basics page so I'll let you know when it'll be up.

Also, I know I've been lazy about attaching a disclaimer but all the makeup, nail polish, whatever I have is all bought by me. All my opinions are my own thoughts.

Hope you enjoyed the bold look!

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment