Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chanel Smoky Eyes Look using Les 4 Ombres in 93 Smoky Eyes

Hello glamour girls!!

[Note: I wrote this up Friday night after I got back home from having a few drinks with friends so I took a nap and woke up on Saturday lol. It's my little brother's birthday on Tuesday so we went out last night and I didn't have time to finish this post or do another one. And tonight I fell asleep with my makeup on before I took pictures. And of course it smudged. But I can tell you that I really do like Stila's Jingle All the Way palette. You can see photos of it in this post. The blush is really nice, it's not too bold so it doesn't overpower or compete with the dark eyes. I used the two darkest colors, the blacks, with the white to highlight and it was really dark, so the colors are quite pigmented and come on quite strong. I will eventually do a post using this mini palette. I will do the 60's mod look TOMORROW, well actually, today, I promise! But for now, read my Chanel makeup post.]

I know I promised Fashion Friday, the 60's mod look for today. But I went to bed really late last night and woke up really early today for work and then after work I went out with my friends. So the alcohol has made me a little tired out. Here is the makeup that I wore out today and I will do the 60's mod look tomorrow, I promise!! It's a long weekend here in Quebec :)




Today I'm going to be doing a smokey eye look using Chanel's Les 4 Ombres in 93 Smoky Eyes as well as Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait or you can use their lipgloss, Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 131 Mica. I got my first ever Chanel products (these 3) for my birthday last month and I was so excited to try it on. I always assumed that Chanel makeup would be expensive because it is a luxury brand and their clothes are crazy expensive. But they actually price their makeup pretty moderately, I'd say it's in the same price range as NARS. And I have quite a bit of NARS stuff.




Speaking of NARS, I used NARS pro-prime smudge proof eyeshadow base and pro-prime pore refining primer to prep for this look. I chose this because I have a lot of deluxe size primers and I wanted to test out the different ones that I have. So I'll be using different primers until I finish off the samples. Need to de-clutter my makeup space. I liked both NARS primers, I thought they were pretty good quality and did a good job prepping the skin. When it comes to Chanel's Les 4 Ombres, the 4 eyeshadows are baked and extremely sparkly. I find they could have gone on a bit darker and more pigmented, I felt that they were too light. Maybe next time I can try using a glitter primer instead of a regular primer. I did like the sparkles, it gives it more of a glam smokey look. I liked Chanel's lipstick and lipgloss, I'm very happy I got both. The Rouge Coco Shine line is very hydrating to your lips and it glides on like a lipgloss. It doesn't come off chunky on chapped lips at all, it goes on perfect. Because it feels more like a gloss, it doesn't have a strong color, but it is nice nonetheless. The lipgloss I bought is very sparkly and pink and I like it. Oh and did I mention that the eyeshadow quad comes with sponge applicators with the Chanel logo on it? How cute! And it also comes in a nice, sleek, black pouch. It also comes with "instructions" for the makeup newbie. I find the Chanel packaging is very classy looking, simple yet elegant. And of course, everything has the Chanel logo on.



Chanel Smokey Eyes using Les Quatres Ombres in 93 Smoky Eyes




Eyes:

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
Chanel Les Quatres Ombres in 93 Smoky Eyes

  • White and/or Silver: apply from the crease up to the brow. this will be the highlight color
  • Sparkly Grey/Black: apply to lid
  • Matte Black: apply to crease and outer V

Sephora + Pantone Universe Eyeliner in Charcoal Gray (from the Foiled Waterproof Eyeliner Set Fall 2012)
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara




Face:

NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for undereyes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray




Lips:

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait (pictured)
OR
Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 131 Mica






Products Used:


Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow in 93 Smoky Eyes - approx. 62$CAD

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow in 93 Smoky Eyes

Sephora + Pantone Universe Eyeliner in Charcoal Grey (came in the set shown below)

Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled Waterproof Eyeliner Set (original price was 30$CAD and it is now on sale for 15$CAD, not sure if it is still available)

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba - 36$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba

Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait - 35$CAD

Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 131 Mica - 30$CAD

From left to right:
Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 93 Smoky Eyes: sparkly white, sparkly silver, sparkly black, matte black
Sephora + Pantone Universe eyeliner in Charcoal Grey
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait
Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 131 Mica

So let me know what you think about this look. Chanel is very classy so obviously the eyes aren't super dark, but lighter and sparkly. I really really love the lipstick, it's very moisturizing and nourishing. Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you thought of this look. Do you like the Chanel eyeshadows or are they too light or too dark for you? Did you like the lipstick? Did you try anything from the Sephora + Pantone Universe collection? I can tell you right now that the quality is nothing like Sephora's regular collection (which sucks, but I still use because it's a cheap way to experiment with many different colors). The quality of Sephora + Pantone is amazing, it's like buying any other medium luxury brand. Let me know if you would be interested in seeing a review or tutorial using these eyeliners and the Foiled Eyeshadow set (the one with the bronze colored top that was released in Fall 2012). Again, I look forward to reading people's opinions and comments.

I will do that 60's mod look later today and I will post it, I promise!! I've just been really busy lately.

Take care everyone,

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment