Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bronze Smokey Eyes using Urban Decay Naked Palette

Hello everyone!!

Today was my last day at work at my school's used book exchange til the fall semester. It's not the last day that we're taking in books but I've got an exam tomorrow evening and an appointment on Thursday so it's my last day. I decided that my makeup should be ever so appropriate for work on this special day. lol. So I used the Urban Decay Naked Palette for my makeup look today. Today's look is a bronze smokey. This look reminds me of a similar look I did a while ago using MAC eyeshadows. I'll have to show you guys one day. I used NARS Orgasm blush as opposed to Benefit Bella Bamba because Orgasm has less pink. They are extremely similar except that Bella Bamba has more pink in it and Orgasm has less pink and is more peachy. They are both spectacular blushes and I would highly recommend getting both. I could have used the Stila Kitten Luminizer but I instinctively reach for High Beam every single day so by the time I realized I was doing gold/bronze it was too late. But you could use a gold highlighter, it doesn't have to be High Beam. I used Too Faced Pink Leopard to bring it all together and I wore my new Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly, which is a nude color, to go with the main idea of the look, which is bronzey, smokey, and natural. If you don't want to do a nude lip, I would suggest NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm. It would obviously compliment the face.



Be sure to look out for my Makeup Haul #2 Post, which should be coming shortly after this post.

And my Top5 Makeup Products in the Face Category should be coming soon as well.

Bronze Smokey Eyes using Urban Decay Naked Palette



Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette

  • Virgin: apply to entire eye area, from lashes to brow. this serves as a base and as a highlight
  • Half Baked: apply to lid
  • Smog: apply to crease and outer V. can also be used to line upper and lower lashes
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey (line upper and lower lashes)
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black (tightline upper waterline)
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara



Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for undereyes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
NARS Orgasm
Too Faced Pink Leopard



Lips:

Too Face La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly (pictured)
OR
NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm





Products Used:

Urban Decay Naked Palette - 60$CAD

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey - 23$CAD

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

NARS Orgasm Blush - 32$CAD for fullsize (mini shown)

Too Faced Pink Leopard - 38$CAD

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly - 25$CAD

From left to right:
Urban Decay Naked Palette: Virgin, Half Baked, Smog
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Benefit High Beam
NARS Blush in Orgasm
Too Faced Pink Leopard
Too Faced La Creme in Naked Dolly
NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm

So that's today's look! I hope you enjoyed it. I always end up coming back to my Naked palette, especially for work days. Sometimes neutral and nude is good, even though I personally like to be more fun. So which blush did you prefer? Benefit's Bella Bamba or NARS Orgasm? Did you like my new lipstick, Naked Dolly? Do you like NARS Orgasm, or is it all hype to you? Did you like the Naked Palette?

Do leave a comment and tell me what you think about today's look.

Tonight I will also put up a Makeup Haul #2 post. I don't have time to finish the  Top5 Makeup Products for the Face Category tonight but I promise I will post it tomorrow evening/night. So until then, you can see all the new stuff I got.

Thank you,

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment