Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Makeup Haul #2

Hello makeup freaks!!

I'm so so so so so excited right now you can't even understand. My mom bought me something that had been on my makeup shopping list and it was really unexpected. She was out downtown and decided to buy this for me!!! And I'm so excited to use it!! She also got me a couple other items as well. I also went shopping a few days ago and bought a few things. A lot of what I bought is just extras so that when I run out of this stuff (which is soon) I'll have a backup ready in hand. The only new thing I bought is a lipstick. So I have enough stuff now to do a post. I don't generally like doing posts for fewer than 5-10 products because I feel like it's tacky. You want to have a lot of stuff to talk about to make reading this worth it. So less of me blabbing and lets see the goods!

My Mini Makeup Haul #2

1. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey

This eyeliner is a nice matte medium brown color. It goes on like a dream and stays in place all day. I originally got this in the double-ended eyeliner in Zero/Whiskey. I have a ton of black eyeliners and I use mainly Too Faced's, so I got the fullsize of Whiskey because I need a good matte brown eyeliner, especially now that I'm doing more natural makeup looks for work.

2. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
 

This concealer is amazing at covering blemishes. I don't know what else to say other than it really is amazing.

3. Too Faced Perfect Eyes Eyeliner in Perfect Black


This is my holy grail eyeliner. It is such an intense matte black colour and it will stay on all day and all night. It goes on smooth and really rich on the first stroke, so you do not have to keep drawing over the same spot. Just once and it's on really dark. I love love love this eyeliner. You don't understand how much I love it.

4. Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal

This has become my new favourite and holy grail lipgloss. It also has a lip plumper in it. NARS Sweet Dreams has always been my go to lipgloss, but this one is slowly taking its place. Sorry NARS.

and the new product,

5. Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly

At first glance I thought this was a weird color, but I needed a lipstick that was nude to go with my nude/natural makeup looks. I tried this on one afternoon at Sephora and I was deeply impressed. It has a pink undertone in it so it obviously goes really well with my skintone. I'm wearing this lipstick in my most recent makeup look post, using the Urban Decay Naked Palette.





Now it's time for the goodies that mommy bought me!! Leaving the best for last.

1. MAC Eyeshadow in Club

I've always wanted to try out Club, it's a weird green colour that looks like it could be cool for a smokey look or for a green smokey look. I've always been intrigued by this color, and now is my chance to test it out and create a look with it.

2. MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy

I discovered how much I love this blush a couple days ago when I used it for the 60's Mod Makeup Look. My mom had gotten a sample a long while back and given it to me because she didn't like it. I, on the other hand, really really like it. I've been searching for a pink blush with a blue undertone to go along with all the pink MAC lipsticks with blue undertones that my mom keeps buying me. I couldn't wear them ever because I didn't have a blush to go with them. They totally clashed with Bella Bamba and Orgasm. Sweet Pea was way too much of an intense hot pink to go be able to go with what I have. So the answer to my problems is So Sweet So Easy.

3. Too Faced loves Sephora 15 Year Anniversary Palette


I know right?!?!? This palette has been on my dream list for the longest time. I yearned for it so I could try out different eye looks that I normally wouldn't have tried. I also never tried Chocolate Soleil or Sun Bunny so this is the perfect palette to try them out. You get a really generous amount of both bronzers and a blush along with the same amount of eyeshadows that they normally put in their eye palettes. The palette also comes with a lookbook including 15 different looks for you to try at home. That's a lot of suggestions on what to do with your palette. I also really appreciate it because it gives me ideas  and suggestions that I wouldn't have thought of doing otherwise. If I wasn't wearing makeup right now, I would be playing with this palette.



So that is my makeup haul for this month. I bought a lot of stuff that I was running low on plus a new lipstick. My mom bought me Club because she knew that I have this fascination with it, along with the blush I've recently fallen in love with because it goes with my pink MAC lipsticks with blue undertones. She also bought me the Too Faced loves Sephora palette and I literally freaked out. So excited and grateful!! If only you saw all the stuff she had bought me for my birthday. You'd all be so jealous, But I'm not here to brag about it which is why I never posted it this year. Might do one next year now that you've gotten to know me a bit better.

So, tell me, what one item on my list would you buy? Which would you not buy and why? Were you excited for the Too Faced loves Sephora palette? Do you have it or want it? Have you tried MAC's Club? What other shadows would you wear it with? Do you like Too Faced's lipsticks and lipglosses? What is your favorite shade? What do you think of MAC's only cream blush in pink?

Thank you so much for reading, down below is a list of some stuff that I'm working on that should be up this week

Steph xo.


Coming Up Really Soon:
Top5 Makeup Products in the Face Category (It'll be done by tomorrow evening/night)

Top5 Makeup Products in the Face & Lips Categories

Empties & Extras: I've got 6-7 empties now. I'll be working on that after I finish the Top5 series

Makeup Basics Page: any day now and it will be ready

More Reviews: I've been lacking in the review department so I'll get on that. If you want me to review something, just let me know.

Most Wanted: summer 2013 products, etc


No comments:

Post a Comment