Thursday, May 23, 2013

Top5 Makeup Products in the Face Category

Hey everyone!

This is the second post of a 3 part series on my Top5 Makeup Products in 3 different categories: Eyes, Face and Lips. Today's post is going to be focusing on the Face. So I will be telling you about my Top5 Concealers, Foundations, Blush, Bronzers, Luminizers, etc. Just like the previous post, I will be using photos taken from Sephora and MAC's websites unless I already have a photo of the product. Since I'm showing so many products, I don't have the time to take pictures of everything and crop/edit them. They will also be smaller, because this is an image-heavy post and I don't want it to clutter.

Click here to see the Top5 Makeup Products in the Eyes Category!!

So let's start!

Top5 Face Primers

#1 Too Faced Primed and Poreless

#2 MUFE HD Face Primer

#3 NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer

#4 Benefit Porefessional


I really really like Too Faced's Primed and Poreless. It's my holy grail primer. MUFE's primer was okay, I didn't think it was anything special. I quite liked the NARS primer. I tried a sample of Benefit's Porefessional, and there was barely anything in the sample so maybe that's why I don't really think it's anything special either. One primer that I did not like is Benefit's That Gal. That primer just didn't seem to go well with my face products.

Top5 Concealers

#1 MAC Studio Finish (NW20) - for blemishes

#2 MAC Select Cover-Up (NW20) - for undereyes

#3 MUFE HD Invisible Cover Concealer (325) - for undereyes

#4 MUFE Full Cover Concealer (3) - for blemishes


Since I use Makeup Forever (MUFE) for my foundation, I've been trying out their concealers but I still prefer MAC's concealers. I've finally found my shades in MUFE's products but I really think that MAC wins the cake in this round. The MAC concealers are my holy grail concealers. I use them every single day. Do make sure you have two concealers, one for your undereyes (should be more liquidy) and one for your blemishes (should be creamier). It really is important and makes a huge difference.

Top5 BB Creams

#1 Too Faced Tinted BB Cream (Snow Glow)

#2 Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Creme (Snow Glow)



I don't really use BB creams much so I can't say which are better. I've only tried the two Too Faced ones that I own. I like their first BB cream more than I liked their new air-buffed one. I would only wear BB creams on a hot humid day where foundation is too much. When I try out other BB creams I will do a post on just my Top5 BB creams because I think I'm really lacking in the BB cream department.

Top5 Foundations

#1 MUFE HD Foundation (110)

#2 MAC Studio Fix Fluid (I think its NW10, it's smudged off)


#3 MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus (NW20)


Now that I've found my holy grail foundation, it's all I use. I love love love MUFE's HD line. I bought the set (which will be shown down below under Top5 Face Palettes/Sets) because I had nothing from MUFE (it was my first time trying their products) and I wanted to get all the products that go hand-in-hand with the foundation. I used to always use MAC before, but the problem was that they didn't have a shade that matched me perfectly, whereas MUFE does. I always used NW20 but it was always a tad too dark but the next shade lighter, NW15, made me look ghost white. I love MAC but could not wear their foundations. I was so lucky and so happy when I found MUFE's HD foundation. It really matches my skin perfectly and it looks like it's a part of me. I'm currently trying out MAC foundations again. I got a sample of Studio Fix Fluid but the shade colour is smudged off so I'm not sure what shade it is. I'm really liking it. I'm going to have to go to the store to figure out what shade it is. I know it's not higher than NW15.

Top5 Setting Powders

#1 MUFE HD Microfinish Powder

#2 Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder

#3 MAC Blot Powder


I really like MUFE and Too Faced's setting powders. I use MUFE when using my MUFE foundation and I use Too Faced when I'm using their BB cream. I could use them interchangeable but I don't cuz I'm weird like that. I don't really use MAC's Blot Powder anymore but as a teenager, this was my holy grail powder. This one is pressed, whereas MUFE and Too Faced's are both loose.

Top5 Luminizers

#1 Benefit High Beam

#2 Benefit Girl Meets Pearl

#3 Stila Kitten Shimmer

#4 Benefit Watt's Up


I love Benefit's luminizers!! And I especially love High Beam. This is my holy grail luminizer and I wear this every single day. Well almost, unless I'm trying out a look.

Top5 Blushes

#1 Benefit Bella Bamba

#2 MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy

#3 NARS Orgasm and Super Orgasm
NARS Orgasm
NARS Super Orgasm
#4 Stila Convertible Color in Lilium


#5 Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea


My holy grail blush of all time is Benefit's Bella Bamba. I discovered it my accident, when i bought a kit by Benefit because I wanted to get acquainted with the brand. That kit contained Bella Bamba, High Beam, Eye Bright, and Stay Don't Stray. All wonderful products. I just recently discovered MAC's So Sweet So Easy and I really like it. I'm going to buy a fullsize when my sample is done. Of course NARS Orgasm has to be on the list. It's similar to Bella Bamba but less pink. Stila's Convertible Colors are really nice. They are a cheek and lip colour and my favorite shades are Lilium and Sweet Pea.

Top5 Bronzers

#1 Too Faced Pink Leopard

#2 Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless


Well I only own two bronzers so this list is a little short. My holy grail bronzer is Pink Leopard. It is a shimmer bronzer and it's amazing. It brightens up my face and makes me look alive. Bronzed and Poreless is a wonderful matte bronzer and it's great for contouring. It also looks quite nice on me.

Top5 Setting Sprays

#1 Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray


I know there's only one thing on this list but I just wanted to mention setting sprays. I really like the Urban Decay one, it keeps my makeup looking intact all day long and all night long. I've heard great things about MAC Fix Plus but personally I've never tried it.

Top5 Face Brushes

#1 Sephora Pro Stippling Brush #44

#2 MUFE HD Kabuki Brush

#3 Too Faced Powder Pouf Brush

#4 Sephora Pro Angled Blush Brush #49

#5 Sephora Pro Precision Concealer Brush #45


My favorite foundation brush is the Sephora Pro Stippling Brush. It gives a nice buffed finish without looking streaky like some other brushes do. You lightly tap it into the skin and buff it in and it gives that air-brushed look. The MUFE Kabuki Brush is wonderful for applying powder and blending everything together. Too Faced's Powder Pouf Brush and Sephora's Pro Angled Blush Brush are both amazing for applying powder blush. For cream blushes, I use my fingers. Pretty old school. The Concealer Brush is great for applying concealer to the undereye area. For blemishes, I use my fingers because it allows you to really get in there. Right now I'm using the Sephora Pro Bronzing Brush to do my bronzer and contouring but I'd really like to get the Sephora Pro Contouring Brush, it looks perfect for contouring.

Note: I personally own the old Sephora Pro brushes with the silver handles, but I'm showing you the new Sephora Pro brushes so that you can buy them if you're interested. They're almost all identical to the old brushes anyway.

Top5 Face Palettes/Sets

#1 Too Faced Secret to No Makeup Makeup Palette

#2 MUFE Complexion Set

I only have two sets/palettes that are only for the face. I really like Too Faced's No Makeup Makeup palette. The blushes are the right shade of pink for me, the bronzer isn't too dark, the luminizer and brightener are great, but the concealer could be a tad bit lighter. The palette is of superb quality and I really like using this on days that I don't want to wear a full face of makeup, but it's also great to go along with a full face. The MUFE Complexion Set is the first thing I ever bought from MUFE. I got it because I was on the search for a perfect foundation and I actually found it quite easily on my first try (thanks to the lovely woman at Sephora). I decided to get the set because it is an extremely good deal and I wanted to get products that go hand-in-hand with my new foundation. And I had always wanted to get a kabuki brush so that was an added bonus. The set comes with a face primer, face powder, kabuki brush, and your shade of foundation. As an honorable mention I guess I'll mention the Too Faced Natural Face makeup palette. I didn't like the colours on me, but it looks great on my mom. This palette is for medium to dark skintones whereas the No Makeup Makeup palette is for light to medium skin.






So that is all of my favorite face products!! I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Please let me know if I forgot a face subcategory. I hope you liked reading about all the products I use and my Top5 picks. Hopefully this helps you decide on things you never would have tried before reading this post. You also get a better sense of the products that I'm currently using and loving. Stay tuned for the third and last part of this series, Top5 Makeup Products in the Lips Category.

Today's Makeup Look will be a Purple Smokey Eye using the new Too Faced Loves Sephora palette so keep checking, it'll be up tonight!


Hope you enjoyed the post and keep checking back for more stuff! Do let me know what your favorite face products are and why, especially BB creams and foundations.

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment