Sunday, May 26, 2013

Top5 Makeup Products in the Lips Category

Hello everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, I've been taking it easy now that school has finally ended and I've been stressing out about getting my final marks. Well I got them and they're not bad at all, but I still haven't reached my goal. Now all I need is a summer job.

This is the last post of my 3 part series on my Top5 Makeup Products. The first post talked about the eyes, the second post about the face, and now the third and last post is about the lips.

I can't think of many subcategories of the lips, so this post won't even be half as long as the first two. I don't use lip liners, or primers, and I don't use stand alone plumpers. I'm very simple when it comes to the lips, I usually just use a gloss or lipstick. I should be using a liner, because I feel that my lips aren't clearly defined. But I've never used one before so I'm a bit weary of beginning that process and finding a color that works for many of my lipsticks. So let's get started, shall we?

Lip Primers

Don't have. Not sure if they even work. If my lips are very chapped, I put on some chapstick quite a while before I'm going to put lipstick on so my lips have time to hydrate and dechap. I've never used a lip scrub or anything related. Maybe I should look into this.

Lip Liners

I don't use lip liners, as mentioned above. Obviously when you're young you don't need it but now that I'm getting older I do. I mean, I'm not 16 anymore, am I? Plus I don't find the lines of my lips are defined.

Lipstick


#1 Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 74 Parfait

#2 Too Faced La Creme in Marshmallow Bunny

#3 Too Faced La Creme in Naked Dolly

#4 NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Order

#5 MAC Lipstick in Pretty Please

#6 NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday

#7 MAC Pro Longwear Lip Colour in Lasting Lust

Yes...finally a category where I can start showing you the products!! I put more than 5 since I don't have much to show you in this post. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine takes the cake for lipstick because it is such a moisturizing and hydrating lipstick. It feels so good on your lips. It goes on smooth, even on chapped lips and it will not get stuck in the chapped areas. That's how hydrating it is. I also love the Too Faced La Creme lipsticks. I find all their colours are really dark (too dark for me) except for these two. Marshmallow Bunny is such a nice pink colour and Naked Dolly is a nude colour with a bit of pink in there. The NARS Lip Pencils are also another product that I love. The Velvet Gloss one goes on really nice and the colour New Order is a red/pink colour that I was afraid of at first, but it's grown on me. Roman Holiday, the Velvet Matte pencil, is a matte pink colour. I find if you put too much in gets stuck on your lips. I like the texture of the glossy one more but I understand that the matte pencil will obviously have a different texture. My favorite MAC lipstick since I was a teenager is Pretty Please. It is a very light pink colour. I still like it but I've moved on to new lipsticks. The last one is the MAC Pro Longwear Lip Colour, which should be more of an honorable mention than on this list, mainly because of the very flimsy hardware. Every one of these lipsticks that me and my mom have ever owned has broken. We end up twisting it too tight to close and it ends up breaking off so you're leaking either lipstick or gloss everywhere. The colour is beautiful, it is that perfect intense red that every girl should own and it comes with a clear gloss. With both applied, you will look killer hot.


Lipgloss

#1 Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal

#2 NARS Sweet Dreams

#3 NARS Turkish Delight

#4 NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet

#5 Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 131 Mica

#6 MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

For a long time my all-time favorite, holy grail lipgloss was NARS Sweet Dreams. But then I discovered Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal, and it stole that spot in my heart that I had for NARS Sweet Dreams. I love Turkish Delight, this is probably on everyone's list, and I like it because it is a nice colour, not because of its popularity. I also really like their Larger Than Life Lipgloss in International Velvet. The Larger Than Life lipgloss line feels more like a gloss and looks more like a gloss than their regular lipgloss line. So if you're looking for that glossy look, go with Larger Than Life. I also really like my Chanel lipgloss in 131 Mica. As a teenager, I loved the MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl. I don't wear it much anymore, but it still has a place in my makeup collection.

Lip Palettes/Sets

I don't really have any lip palettes. I do have a few Stila sets that I like and I will mention them briefly because all of their season mini lipgloss sets are all limited edition colours.
The first one I bought is from Summer 2012 I believe. It had polkadots on the packaging. It had a light pink, medium pink and Kitten. I really like the light pink one. Kitten is part of their permanent collection, obviously, and while I do like this shade, it isn't my favorite. Another set I bought was in Fall 2012 and had all brown shades, again including Kitten. I bought it because I wanted to try out different colours, but those shades weren't really my thing. The last set I bought was their Winter 2013 (this past xmas) set. While the other two sets I mentioned only contained 3 mini lipglosses, this one contained 8 minis. All of the colours were limited edition except two, Black Cherry and Sugar Plum. These colours are a purple/plum colour. The colours in this set range from plum to red to peach to pink. There's something for everyone. I liked this set because it had a bigger variation in colour than their other seasonal ones. Too Faced has a Natural Lips palette out that contains 4 lipglosses. I personally haven't tried it, but that is one lip palette that I know of.

Summer 2012
Fall 2012


Lip Brushes

I only really use two lip brushes. One is a purse brush, meaning you can cover it so it doesn't get dirty and it's short. I got it at Sephora years ago in a brush set. The other lip brush that I use is the Sephora Pro Lip Brush #81.
Sephora Pro Lip Brush #81



So that is the end of the Top5 posts!! I hope you enjoyed reading about all my current favorite products. Whenever this list changes substantially, probably at least a year, I will do an updated version. I invite everyone to share as a comment what their favorite products are. I would have included the new Too Faced Loves Sephora palette for the Top5 Eyes post but it's too late. I got the palette after I posted it. So please let me know what you thought about the products I love. Let me know what your favorite lipsticks and lipglosses are and if you use lip liners and primers, I'd especially like to hear about that and know what you think about them.



Coming Up!
I'm working on a Skincare Post right now (as in, for tonight) because I've been revamping my own.


Empties & Extras: I've got about 6-7 empties so just waiting for a couple more, trying to have 10 so be patient! I want it done for June 1st.
Makeup Basics Page: just adding the finishing touches and it should be up and ready soon
More Reviews: I've been lacking in the review department so I'll get on that. If you want me to review something, just let me know.
Most Wanted: summer 2013 products, etc

Thanks for reading,

Steph xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment