Saturday, May 4, 2013

Stila Merry and Bright Christmas Palette Tutorial and Swatches

Hello my gorgeous suga bombs!

[Note: I wrote this up on Wednesday and was really tired and decided to finish it Thursday. I woke up on Thursday with this crazy cold that's going around. My mom and little brother are both sick with it and now I've got it. Crazy sore throat, stuffy nose and sinuses and headache. I also had my first day of work and I think lifting the boxes and sweating made the cold worse. So I've been taking care of myself. The worst of it is over and now back to the blog!! Unfortunately, I was too sick on Friday to care about makeup so that promised Fashion Friday is going to be next Friday instead. Sorry! I will leave a sneak peak tho as I had promised in this post that no one's even read. haha. I'm also working on today's look (Smoky Saturday) so that should be up today as well. So enjoy Working Wednesday for now!!]

[ooh yeah, subscribe by email or rss by hovering your mouse over the side bar and clicking on subscribe. Stay on top of all the latest posts!]

It's Working Wednesday and you know what that means! Safe for work/school makeup looks. Today I used some Stila products to demonstrate this look. I got this Stila mini palette during last year's Black Friday sale at Sephora. It came with a mini Kitten lipglaze and it was only 12$! Talk about a deal! So of course I had to have it and I also bought one for my mom. She likes it. The palette is predominantly browns, it has a beige color that can be used as a base and a black color that can be used as a liner. I'm not sure if any of these colors are available as part of their permanent line, except for the black shadow, called Ebony. The Lipglaze in Kitten is part of their permanent collection.





I used more matte shades for this look to keep it more work appropriate. I was going to use my Stila Smudgestick in Oscar Fish (sparkly brown) but sadly, in ran out and I couldn't remember when I put the extra set I bought a while back that was part of their xmas collection (I mentioned this set of eyeliner in yesterday's post). I was in a rush so I just used my Urban Decay eyeliner instead. And now, the look:




Stila Merry & Bright mini palette Working Wednesday Makeup

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Stila Merry & Bright Palette

  • Chill: apply all over the eye area, from lashes to brow. this will be a base as well as highlight
  • Joyful: apply this to the lid area, leaving the outer lid blank
  • Molasses: apply this to the crease and outer V and bring it down to the outer lid. 
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey (line upper and lower lashes)
OR
Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner in Oscar Fish
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black (tightline upper lashes)
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara




Face:

Makeup Forever (MUFE) HD Face Primer
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio FInish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer
Stila Convertible Color in Lilium
Benefit High Beam




Lips:
Stila Convertible Color in Lilium








Products Used:


Stila Merry&Bright Xmas Palette - 12$CAD

Stila Merry&Bright Palette

Urban Decay 24/7 Double-Ended Eyeliner in Zero/Whiskey

Too Faced Perfect Eyes Eyeliner in Perfect Black

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara


Benefit High Beam

Stila Convertible Color in Lilium

Stila Convertible Color in Lilium

Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer

From left to right:
Stila Chill
Stila Joyful
Stila Molasses
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Stila Convertible Color in Lilium
Too Faced Pink Leopard
Benefit High Beam




Et voila! And here's that sneak peak of Fashion Friday that I promised you....

60's Mod!!!

I did one crazy fashion look on the left and one normal but still very mod on the right. You can't really see it, but on top of the black eyeliner, you wanna put a white eyeliner. To do that, you want to start out doing a thick line with white eyeliner and then go over it with black. Liquid liner works best for this sort of thing. You can also use any bright neon color you have. My influence for this look was Edie Sedgwick, obviously. If you don't know who that is, google her and her makeup and you'll be amazed.



Much love,

Steph xo.

P.S. Check the blog on Friday for the 60's Mod Makeup Look!!

And I'll be posting Smoky Saturday shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment