Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Palette and Naked Nails using the Sidecar shade

Hello friends!!




Today I will be showing you my nails and a makeup look inspired by the color of my nails. I decided to use Urban Decay's Naked Nail set. I just got it recently for my birthday and haven't tried out any of the colors yet. I usually do dark nails so I decided that I would go neutral for once. I chose Sidecar because it looked quite nice and it had sparkles to give it some excitement. Today I decided that I would use the Sidecar eyeshadow and make a look out of it. So here is how I did my Sidecar makeup and nails.

If you want to check out some other looks from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, here is a post about a neutral, nude and matte makeup look from the Naked Palette. If you want to see a comparison between Naked1 and Naked2, here is a post comparing the two. If you are interested in the Naked2 Palette, here is a look featuring it. Hope you enjoy!






Urban Decay Naked Palette Look using Sidecar




Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette

  • Sin: apply to eye area. used as a base and highliter
  • Sidecar: apply to lid
  • Hustle: apply to crease and outer V. line the upper and bottom lash lines.
Too Faced Perfect Eyes Eyeliner in Perfect Black
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara




Face:

MUFE HD Face Primer
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba blush box
Too Faced Pink Leopard brightening bronzer




Lips:

Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal





Products Used:


Urban Decay Naked Palette - 60$CAD
Colors Used: Sin, Sidecar, Hustle

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba - 36$CAD

Benefit Bella Bamba

Too Faced Pink Leopard Brightening Bronzer - 38$CAD

Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal - 27$CAD

From left to right:
Urban Decay Naked Palette in Sin, Sidecar, Hustle
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Bella Bamba
Too Faced Pink Leopard
Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal


Urban Decay Naked Nail Set using Sidecar

So as I mentioned earlier, I decided to use Sidecar because it is a fun neutral with sparkles. Before choosing this shade, I tested out all of the shades on a kleenex to get an idea of how they would look once applied. I think I will continue this idea and every time I use a color from the Urban Decay Naked Nail Set I will also do a makeup look with the corresponding color. To do my nails, I used Rimmel's Base and Top Coat and Urban Decay's Sidecar. I started off by filing my nails, pushing the cuticles down, the usual pre-polish stuff. Once ready, I applied one coat of Rimmel's Base/Top Coat and I let that dry. To get my nail polish to dry faster, I turn on a desk light and I place my nails very close to the lightbulb without actually touching the lightulb. The heat dries the nail polish much faster. There are other techniques, like the blowdrier. You can also buy a salon-type nail heating device. I really do like my method and it works for me. Just a suggestion because I know that I'm super impatient and end up smudging all my nails and they look horrible the next day. So after the base coat I applied 2 coats of Sidecar and finished up by applying one coat of Base/Top Coat. I let them dry using the lightbulb method for a while. I do my nails at night so I can go to bed and let them dry. The problem with this is that I end up smudging my nails if I haven;t let them dry enough beforehand. But today they ended up perfect! Not one smudge or anything. I'm so happy. Here are my nails:








And here is that kleenex with all the shades painted on:


From left to right:
Naked, Sidecar, Toasted, Smog, Hustle, Creep


Products Used:


Rimmel Base/Top Coat Pro - I think it was around 5-6$CAD

Urban Decay Naked Nails Set - 30$CAD
From left to right:
Naked, Sidecar, Toasted, Smog, Hustle, Creep

Urban Decay Sidecar Nail Polish

Please do let me know what you think of my makeup and my nails. Do you think its cute to match my makeup and nails like that or is it too much? Do you like Urban Decay Naked1 or Naked2 palette? Do you think that my face makeup really compliments my skintone? Just wondering because these are my favorite face products that I use almost daily unless I'm experimenting with a different look. Has anyone tried the new Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer? I own both but haven't had the time to swatch them and test them out. They look much different though. What is your favorite base and top coat nail polish? What do you think of the lipgloss? I absolutely love it.

I hope you enjoyed today's look and nails!

I'll be doing Top 5 in different categories.

I'm collecting all my empty makeup containers and I'm almost there! A post on Empties & Extras will definitely be done by the end of the month.

As promised, Fashion Friday will be that 60's mod look I've been telling you all about for the last couple of weeks. Here is a preview:



And I've basically got a ton of other things in the works. Just keep checking back or you can subscribe by hovering your mouse on the right sidebar, clicking on subscribe and you can either enter your email or subscribe to rss feeds.

Thank you for reading, keep in touch,

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment