Thursday, May 23, 2013

Purple Smokey Eyes using Too Faced Loves Sephora palette

Hey glamour dolls!!

If you read yesterday's Makeup Haul #2 post then you know all about the new palette I got!! In case you didn't read it, let me fill you in: I got the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette!!! My mom picked it up for me and totally surprised me with it. I wasn't expecting that. So obviously today I just had to try it out. If you don't know, it comes with a look book that contains 15 different looks, it's their 15th anniversary after all. And I discovered today that the Chocolate Soleil bronzer actually smells like chocolate. lol I didn't know this. The quality of the eyeshadows, blush and bronzers are superb, just like every other Too Faced product out there. In my opinion, they never disappoint when it comes to the quality of their products, which is why I love using their stuff. Of all the colours in the palette and the lookbook that comes with, I decided on purple because I hadn't done purple eyes in soooo long and I miss it. It's also Working Wednesday and the purples in this palette are very light and work appropriate. I didn't use a look from the book cuz I was in a bit of a rush to get to my exam and to do last minute studying. But I'll try out some of the looks later on this week and weekend. Oh and only the bronzers are available for purchase fullsize, nothing else.



The palette contains 10 full size eyeshadows (2 of them are slightly bigger), 1 full size blush, 2 fullsize bronzers, a mini Shadow Insurance and a Flatbuki brush.






And if you didn't already notice, I posted the 2nd part of my 3 part series on my Top5 Makeup Products, today's post being the Top5 Makeup Products in the Face Category. I'll link it at the bottom of the page.

Purple Smokey Eyes using Too Faced Loves Sephora palette



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Loves Sephora Palette

  • Piano Keys: apply to entire eye area, from lashes to brow. acts as a base and a highlight
  • Soho: apply to lid
  • Envy: apply to crease and outer V. can also be used to line upper and lower lashline

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar (line upper and lower lashlines)
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black (tightline upper lashes)
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara



Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Too Faced Loves Sephora blush in Who's Your Poppy?
Too Faced Loves Sephora bronzer in Sun Bunny



Lips:

Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal




Products Used:

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette - 62$CAD
eyeshadows used: Piano Keys, Soho, Envy

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar - 

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Too Faced Loves Sephora palette - 62$CAD
blush used: Who's Your Poppy?
bronzer used: Sun Bunny

Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal


So that is today's look! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you're thinking about getting this palette, I strongly recommend it. I might do a review on it later, after I've used it a few times. But so far I love it. Will you be buying the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette? If you already have it, what did you think of it? What is your favorite look in the Look Book (glamour guide)? How did you like my look? Which eyeshadow shade is your favorite? And which bronzer is your fave? Do you think Sun Bunny looks good on me or should I stick to the usual bronzers (Pink Leopard and Bronzed and Poreless)?

So again, thanks for reading, and if you haven't already, you can check out my Top5 picks in various categories.

Top5 Makeup Products in the Eyes Category
and
Top5 Makeup Products in the Face Category

the last part of this series should be out sometime this weekend, which will be focused on lips.

You can always send in a suggestions of a look you want to see, or a product you want to see reviewed, or whatever else.

Thanks,

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment