Friday, May 31, 2013

Green and Purple Eyes using MAC (Summer Look)

Hello lovelies!!

I really wanted to show you guys a look using Club eyeshadow but the more I thought about how I was going to do it, the more confused I got. I had no idea what I was going to do. I did some googling to get some inspiration, and I saw that you have to use a black base, such as a Paint Pot in Blackground, to get that green/blue duochrome out. Without it, you'll just get the red/brown, which isn't that nice. I tried it out with some Fluidline before I decided to commit to buying the Paint Pot. And oh my goodness did it look amazing. And I got the Paint Pot. So I'll be doing a look tomorrow using Club and I'll show you the difference between not using a base and using a black base.

But for today, I wanted to do a green and purple look, which ended up making me think that I look like a mermaid. I'm not kidding. I used Steamy and Parfait Amour and they really look great together. It's fun, but still wearable in the day (if you don't work in a conservative work environment) because the colors are light. Even the MAC ladies were impressed with my look. I used the MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack mascara, which I haven't used in a while. I was feeling really MAC today. Let me know which mascara you prefer, MAC or Too Faced.



I knew I wanted blue toned pink lipstick so I used MAC Raspberry Swirl and I put MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Cheery Cheery on top, both are from the Baking Beauties collection. I found a perfect dupe for MAC Raspberry Swirl, which is MAC St-Germain. They are identical. St-Germain is the slightest bit richer in color, while Raspberry Swirl is creamier (it is a Cremesheen). You will only notice this if you really look close, if you look at your hand (where I swatched) you will not notice a difference. I also encourage you to put the St-Germain Lipglass on top if you want it to be glossy.




For the cheeks, I used MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy. I really really like this color and I find it can go with a lot of different pink shades, even though it's pink with yellow it still looks good with pink with blue. When you apply it, it isn't too much, so you don't have to worry about putting on a lot of color by accident. It's buildable, so you're able to keep applying until you get the amount and shade that you want. And of course I finished off this look with Too Faced Pink Leopard and Benefit High Beam.


Green and Purple Eyes using MAC



Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Phloof!: apply to entire eye, acts as a base and highlighter
MAC Steamy: apply to lid
MAC Parfait Amour: apply to lower lashline and up into the crease and outer lid
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade: apply to upper lashline and stop at purple, also apply to the bottom inner corner of the eye
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black: tightline upper waterline
MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack




Face:

Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20 (for undereyes)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 (for blemishes)
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy
Too Faced Pink Leopard



Lips:

MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl
MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Cheery Cheery
OR (exact dupe)
MAC Lipstick in St-Germain
MAC Lipglass in St-Germain



Products Used:


MAC eyeshadows: Phloof!, Steamy, Parfait Amour - 18$CAD each

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade - 19$CAD

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack (mini shown, fullsize is 19$CAD)

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy

MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy - 25$CAD

Too Faced Pink Leopard - 38$CAD

MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl - 18$CAD

MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Cheery Cheery - 23$CAD


From left to right:
MAC Eyeshadows: Phloof!, Steamy, Parfait Amour
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Benefit High Beam
MAC Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet So Easy
Too Faced Pink Leopard
MAC Lipstick in Raspberry Swirl
MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Cheery Cheery


Et voila! The finished look. I was really happy with how it turned out, I had never used these colors before. I really find it gives off a mermaid vibe, especially since my hair is still wavy from curling it a few days ago with my straightener. This look definitely made it onto the Tops list. I'm actually in love with how this turned out.

Again, I know that the MAC lipstick in Raspberry Swirl was limited edition and is no longer available but they have an exact dupe, the MAC lipstick in St-Germain. I found this out randomly when I went there today to get the paint pot and I always hear great things about St-Germain, so I wanted to check it out. I had some lipsticks in my purse and I compared them and swatched them. It was the exact same thing!! I know when I finish Raspberry Swirl, I'm buying St-Germain. Plus you can also buy it as a Lipglass.


So I hope you enjoyed the look! Please let me know what you think. Did you like the eyes and the choice of colors? Do I look like a mermaid (lol)? Do you like the lipsticks? Do you like the blush? What is your favorite MAC eyeshadow, blush and lipstick and why? Did you think the MAC mascara is better than the Too Faced mascara that I usually wear? Let me know what you think about today's MAC look.

Thanks for reading!!

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment