Monday, May 20, 2013

Rosey Smokey with Urban Decay

Hello Everyone!!

Today I'm doing a rosey pink smokey look using Urban Decay eyeshadows. I'm using the same 12$CAD palette that I used for a previous post (bold green and purple eyes), and like that post, all the eyeshadows are available to buy separately, so even though the palette is limited edition, you can always buy the eyeshadows one by one still. The palette was a special boxing day only thing at Sephora. It was a good deal and then some, because this palette is worth 45$CAD and I paid 12$CAD for it. I'm using the shadows in the top row for this look. This isn't your typical smokey eye look, but it is a good way to pull off a dark rosey pink look without it washing out your face. I also really like this neat limited edition Urban Decay palette because it contains some colours and looks that I otherwise wouldn't have used or tried out. This might not be everyone's cup of tea. With that said, I do think it is fun to try out looks and go outside your comfort zone.




I didn't realize this until it was too late, but the MAC Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Colour is a limited edition thing and so is the shade that I used, Have A Lovely Day! I will try to find a similar color, but I do not own many dark rosey colours. You just need to find a blush that is a dark rosey colour, swatches are down below. It is my understanding that they release Casual Colour shades as limited edition items within a campaign.

Oh and please ignore the hair. I'm washing it tonight after I finish this post.


Rosey Smokey using Urban Decay Limited Edition Palette





Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Limited Edition palette

  • Grind: apply from the crease to the brow, this is the highlight
  • Shotgun: apply to the lid
  • Last Call: apply to the crease, outer V and line the upper and lower lash lines

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black (line upper waterline)
Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara





Face:


Too Faced Primed and Poreless
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW20
MAC Studio FInish Concealer in NW20
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
MUFE HD Powder
Benefit High Beam
MAC Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Colour in Have A Lovely Day!
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless




Lips:

MAC Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Colour in Have A Lovely Day!




Products Used:

Urban Decay Limited Edition Palette - 12$CAD

Urban Decay Limited Edition Palette
top row was used in this look: Grind, Shotgun, Last Call

Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black - 25$CAD

Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara - 28$CAD

Benefit High Beam - 32$CAD

MAC Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Colour in Have A Lovely Day! - 24$CAD (limited edition, no longer available)

MAC Casual Colour Lip and Cheek Colour in Have A Lovely Day!

Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless - 38$CAD
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless

From left to right:
Urban Decay Limited Edition Palette: Grind, Shotgun, Last Call
Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black
Benefit High Beam
MAC Casual Colour Cheek and Lip Colour
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless


I hope you enjoyed this look! I admit, it is a bit different and it's not usually what I wear, but here is a perfect example on how to work pink/rose into a look without it being over dramatic. Let me know if you liked it! I really wish MAC would make those Casual Colour blushes part of their permanent collection. I discovered this particular one because my mom didn't like it, so she passed it along to me. I'm not a huge fan of the colour because I don't normally wear dark rose but I do like the texture of it and it blends really well.

So tell me, did you like this look? Do you want me to do one last post using the bottom row of the Urban Decay palette, Smog, Chopper, and Midnight Cowboy? Do you want to see different blushes, bronzers, etc? Let me know what. Also, if there is anything you want me to review, check out, do a tutorial on, let me know!

I've got a bunch of stuff in the works, that I mentioned in yesterday's post, so keep checking back. I usually post at least once a day if I'm not too busy.

Take care bellas,

Steph xo.

[Disclaimer: All products were bought and paid for by me. All opinions are my own.]

No comments:

Post a Comment