Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Too Faced Loves Sephora Palette Review

Hello dolls!!

I haven't done a review post in a long time. Sure, I've talked about the products I've used in a look and why I like it or not but I haven't done a post strictly reviewing a product. I'm going to be reviewing the new Too Faced Loves Sephora palette, which is exclusive to Sephora and it celebrates Too Faced's 15th birthday as well as their 15 years working together. My mom bought this palette for me as a little treat along with a couple other items. I was so ecstatic! I really wasn't expecting this even though I was hinting at it every chance I got.

Too Faced Loves Sephora Palette Review

This palette contains 10 eyeshadows (2 are slightly bigger), 1 blush, 2 bronzers, a mini shadow insurance, and a flatbuki brush.

Eyeshadows:
Piano Keys (bigger): shimmer off-white
So Cal: shimmer light pink
TF <3's The Cast: sparkle/glitter silver/gold
Jer Jer: shimmer bronze
525 Market: shimmer purple/brown
Behind The Counter (bigger): matte medium brown
Soho: shimmer light purple
Envy: shimmer dark purple
David & Marg: shimmer green/blue/teal
1998: shimmer with a bit of sparkle violet

Blush:
Who's Your Poppy?: pink with a touch of coral

Bronzer:
Chocolate Soleil: matte dark brown
Sun Bunny: shimmer, dark brown and a more golden brown (2 colours)


It also comes with a Glamour Guide, showing you 15 looks you can do with this palette.
I've already tried the Alison, the Artemis , the Jen and the Stephanie and I've even tried my own look. I'm going to try all the looks in the Glamour Guide eventually, as well as come up with my own look.

The Glamour Guide is very straightforward and shows you easy to slightly difficult looks. I know some people have trouble doing the cat eye, just a little bit of practise and you'll get it. Always use the guides as a basis for your look and adjust it to your eye shape. You don't need to do the exact look on the card, do what looks good on you.








As I've come to expect from Too Faced, the shadows are really pigmented and come on quite easy. They're all shimmer except for Behind The Counter. TF <3's The Cast is a glitter/sparkle shade. I find the colors are a bit light, like Soho for example, but I'm in love with the night so that's probably just me. There is a look for every occasion in this palette. I wanted it to play around with bright colours, since that's something I don't really do too often. My favorite eyeshadow in this palette is David & Marg. I just love this green. It reminds me of MAC's Aquadisiac.

The blush, Who's Your Poppy?, is a really nice colour that should be pretty much universal for almost every woman. I really like this blush, it looked great on me. They also included their two most popular bronzers, Chocolate Soleil and Sun Bunny. I don't think they do anything special for me, I much prefer Pink Leopard, but they are decent bronzers that give me a nice summer glow. I also prefer Bronzed and Poreless as a matte bronzer because it is lighter than Chocolate Soleil and it is a better shade for my light skin. And all 3 shades were a generous size. Which I love because it's almost even fullsize.

The Verdict: I would definitely recommend this palette to a friend! But only if she likes bright colours along with her neutrals, because it's a summery and fun palette. I really enjoyed doing the looks in the Glamour Guide and I think other women would like it as well. Too Faced always comes out with high quality products and I'm never disappointed. All their products are cruelty-free, but this palette is not vegan.


I hope you enjoyed my review on this product. I've been using it every day lately to try out the different looks and I'm always impressed at how well the looks turn out. I would definitely run out and buy one before they're all gone!!

Did you like this palette? Would you buy this? Let me know what you think about the Too Faced Loves Sephora palette. What is your favorite eyeshadow shade? bronzer shade? What did you think of the blush? What did you think of all the looks in the Glamour Guide? I encourage you to show me your own looks!! Are you buying this palette this summer before they're gone forever?

Check out some looks from this palette:

My Look

The Alison

The Artemis

The Jen

The Stephanie



Steph xo.

[Disclaimer: All products were bought and paid for by me. All opinions are my own.]

No comments:

Post a Comment