Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top5 Makeup Products in the Eyes Category

Hey everyone!!

Today I'm starting my first Top5 post, and I'm starting with everything eyes! This means top5 eyeshadow primers, eyeshadows, eyeshadow palettes, eyeliners, mascaras, etc. Even eye brushes!! Seeing as this involves a ton of pictures, I'm going to be taking most of the photos off Sephora and MAC's websites, unless I can't find an official image, I will take my own photos. I'll also use the photos that I've already taken of products I'm mentioning. I just don't have the time to be editing 100+ photos of my Top5 everything. This is more to give you an idea of what I like and why I like it. Since this will be image-rich, I'm making them a bit smaller on my page so you don't have to keep scrolling through pictures. I'm also not including prices like I usually do because I don't have the time to research each and every single product I'm listing.



Top5 Eyeshadow Primers

#1 Too Faced Shadow Insurance


#2 Urban Decay Primer Potion













#3 Benefit Stay Don't Stray













#4 NARS Pro-Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base













I mainly use Too Faced and Urban Decay's primers. I find they really make the colour stick on. The NARS one is good too, but I've always been a Too Faced fan. The Benefit primer is good for priming your undereyes before concealer.



Top5 Eyeshadows

#1 MAC Black Tied


#2 MAC White Frost













#3 Too Faced White Lie
#4 Too Faced Nice Ash
#5 Too Faced Smokin Hot












Middle row, "classic", are my top #3.4.5 eyeshadows.


I really don't know how I could have possibly chosen five. I'm such a black smokey eye freak. I gave MAC the top spot because I've been using White Frost and Black Tied since I was 16. I used to do smokey eyes with just those two shadows and I'd use Blitz n Glitz fluidline and I would be all set. Oh, how I've learned. The next 3 shadows are from Too Faced and are in their Smokey Eye palette, the "classic" look. I've been really getting into Too Faced, their products are just superb, and this is what I use now to do my smokey eyes if I'm going somewhere important. I still like to test out other brands.



Top5 Eyeliners

#1 Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black



#2 MAC Blitz n Glitz Fluidline












#3 MAC Blacktrack Fluidline


#4 Sephora + Pantone Universe Charcoal Grey Eyeliner
Sephora + Pantone Universe Eyeliner in Charcoal Grey comes in the Foiled Waterproof Eyeliner Set

#5 Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey


Honorable Mentions: MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade


My eyeliner collection is really diverse, from pencils to gel to liquid. Too Faced's Perfect Black is the ultimate black eyeliner. It goes on like a dream and stays on all day. MAC's fluidlines are also amazing, from matte black Blacktrack to black with gold sparkles Blitz n Glitz. I've been using both since I'm 16. For a more silver sparkly black eyeliner, Sephora + Pantone Universe released a really nice one in their Foiled Eyeliner set (Fall 2012). Whenever I finish this pencil, I will look around for a similar one. And every girl needs a brown eyeliner, Urban Decay's Whiskey is a lovely matte brown. The MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade is such a nice green colour. I love this colour of green so much.



Top5 Mascaras

#1 Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara

#2 Too Faced Better Than False Lashes

#3 MAC Zoomlash in Zoomblack

#4 Benefit They're Real


If you know me, then you know I'm not much of a mascara buff. So I'm basically just going to list the 5 mascaras that I have lol. I used to use MAC's mascara when I was young, but now I realize that it's nothing special. I quite like Too Faced's mascaras. Benefit's is alright. Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Mascara effing sucks cuz I can't get it off, even with hardcore eye makeup remover. I must have ripped out half my eyelashes trying to get it off. So be careful if you use that particular mascara.



Top5 Eye Brushes

#1 MAC 217 Blending Brush


#2 Sephora Pro Crease Brush #10


#3 Sephora Pro Shadow Brush #14


#4 Stila Smudge Pot Brush #28


#5 Sephora Pro Angled Liner Brush #22



All of my Sephora brushes I got for sale on their website and it was a crazy good deal. You got 15 brushes and a makeup artist brush belt for 100$CAD. They were getting rid of their old pro brushes so they could launch their new pro brushes. The pictures I'm showing are the new brushes (black handle) and I own the old brushes (silver handle). The old ones aren't available anyway so I'm showing you which ones are available. The MAC 217 is a dream. It's everyone's top pick and I can see exactly why. You can do a bunch of different things with it. And the Stila brush doesn't necessarily have to be used with their Smudge Pots. It's basically a double-ended smudge/liner brush.



Top5 Eyeshadow Palettes

#1 Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette


#2 Urban Decay Naked Palette





#3 Too Faced Boudoir Eyes


#4 Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 93 Smoky Eyes


#5 Too Faced Love Sweet Love Palette


Honorable Mentions: Urban Decay Naked2 Palette, Stila Merry and Bright palette




It was really hard to name my top5 eyeshadow palettes. I love Too Faced's palettes because they are really good quality. The shadows are pigmented and go on smoothly. The colour is rich and vibrant. I also really liked Urban Decay's first Naked palette. I find that I'm always coming back to it a lot more than the Naked2. That's not to say that I don't like it or anything, I just find I'm always reaching for Naked1. I also liked my Chanel palette, it is my first Chanel makeup anything, so it will always be close to my heart. In the honorable mentions I included Naked2, because this list would not be complete without it, and I also included Stila's Merry and Bright, because it's such a good palette for work days.





So there you have it! My top 5 eye products. I hope you enjoyed reading about all my favorite Top5 picks. I hope I included everything that I wanted to put on here. If I'm missing an Eye subcategory, please let me know!

Next time I'll be showing you my Top5 Face Category Makeup Products, and after that I'll be showing you my Top5 Lip Products. I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if there should be more posts like this.

Coming Up:
Top5 Makeup Products in the Face & Lips Categories

Empties & Extras: I've finally saved 5 empty containers so expect a post real soon! Just waiting to empty a few other things.
Makeup Basics Page: just adding the finishing touches and it should be up and ready soon
More Reviews: I've been lacking in the review department so I'll get on that. If you want me to review something, just let me know.
Most Wanted: summer 2013 products, etc


Thanks for reading and much love,

Steph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment